Proposed ATF 4473 Change Includes Three Gender Choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First time I buy a gun with this on the form I'm going to ask the sales person what it means, just so I can watch their head explode as they explain it for the 9,000th time. LOL!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First time I buy a gun with this on the form I'm going to ask the sales person what it means, just so I can watch their head explode as they explain it for the 9,000th time. LOL!

What's also funny IMO is that when a new BGC is submitted we're asked to verify that the ID info being submitted matches the DL number, etc. What if the info on the ID doesn't also match the option selected related to this?

Such a can of worms . . .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You brought up a heck of a point. What happens with selective service registration?

Now that's an excellent question. If the draft were to be reinstated, what a convenient way to dodge the requirement to serve. Oh no, not me! I'm not a male; I am a (_________).

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FFL will simply refer you to the instructions for the relevant question. Not their job to explain it to you.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the same, they're going to be asked about it a lot. Whether they try to explain or just point to the instructions, I bet they get tired of hearing the question pretty quickly.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the same, they're going to be asked about it a lot. Whether they try to explain or just point to the instructions, I bet they get tired of hearing the question pretty quickly.
no more tired than some of the other questions:
"do I really have to disclose my weight?"
"why should I answer if I'm Hispanic or not?"
"what is a Felon?"
"is this my height/weight now, or when I got my ID?"
"why can't I put down my PO Box as my address? It's where I get all my mail?"
"do I have to disclose my SSN?"

But...........it's all good. Wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy.....

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any info from your distributors on the new Python? I've already seen them on one website listed at MSRP... do you think they will eventually sell for any below that?

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's also funny IMO is that when a new BGC is submitted we're asked to verify that the ID info being submitted matches the DL number, etc. What if the info on the ID doesn't also match the option selected related to this?

Such a can of worms . . .
Under the current guidelines, a transferee must answer either male or female (but not both, nor can they leave the question blank). The FFL cannot question their choice, but he/she can record whatever info they deem relevant to the transaction on Line 31. This kind of scenario is what the proposed change(s) are intended to address.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom