Proposed changes to the regs...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Jared for submitting that. It was a stupid reg anyway. However, I'm going to carry as few rounds into the field as possible anyway.
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but, if they are going to allow 40 and 45 semi pistols, why not allow carbines in the same caliber?
The Marlin camp 45 and the Keltec carbines are quite capable of short range deer kills.
Just throwing this out there for a discussion point.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would really like to see the shot size restriction removed. Not that I need anything bigger than BB for coyotes, but it would be nice to have the option to use T shot sometimes.

I believe I saw that in there, look thru there. Seems like I saw the addition of #4 buck instead of BB.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I would really like to see the shot size restriction removed. Not that I need anything bigger than BB for coyotes, but it would be nice to have the option to use T shot sometimes.

It's in the General Provisions.

(b) No person while in the field may possess or attempt to harvest any wildlife, except waterfowl and crane, with shotgun utilizing shot larger than conventional BB.#4 buckshot

Conventional BB has been stricken through.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but, if they are going to allow 40 and 45 semi pistols, why not allow carbines in the same caliber?
The Marlin camp 45 and the Keltec carbines are quite capable of short range deer kills.
Just throwing this out there for a discussion point.

Agree. That’s something else that needs to be cleaned up. The carbines generate higher velocity with longer barrels which equals greater lethality.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm digging the removal of raccoon limits. I might get after them now as investing in traps for a max of 40 a year seemed a little meh. They're looking to bump the bag limit of squirrels to 25 a day which will greatly help us deer hunters lol.

Swine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so new rule removed mag limit size.... ??? again, only will ever carry 5 round mag for deer... hell even pigs I've never gotten more that 3 rounds off. Stupid to spray and pray which is what morons will do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom