Proposed changes to the regs...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In thick brush where the hogs completely disappeared after 40 yards I got off 4 shots from 30 or so feet from the suckers with my bolt action savage axis .223 and killed 2 of them. Dead right there.
I have a 10 round Pmag for the AR15. I just remove the bottom plate and drop in a couple empty cases into the bottom and re-install the plate.
Instant 7 round max holding capability.

I think with an AR I could have hit 7 of those suckers easily.
You can usually get a permit from the warden to hunt vermin at night on your own property if you ask.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree. That’s something else that needs to be cleaned up. The carbines generate higher velocity with longer barrels which equals greater lethality.
This isn't much of a big deal either, but wish they'd clean it up.. Has always bugged me.

"Firearm requirements are centerfire only rifles of .270 caliber or larger."

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they are still making changes, I'd like to see orange coverings or flags required for blinds. It's fine to wear your orange vest and sit inside a brushed in blind that can't be seen in. But someone is going to get shot.

Seriously, how many people have been shot because they were sitting inside a blind and nobody could see their orange vest and hat??

Is this something that actually happens on a regular basis??

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen people in blinds or say piles of sticks and limbs with no orange on during deer gun seasons on public hunting area.
I point them out and they usually do not move but the face of a human with white eyes sticks out like a pumpkin in a field.

idiots.
I have had all my orange on and sitting on a tree limb and had hunters walk under me and never see me until I holler at them and scare the crap out of them.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to me but a friend of mine I don’t know that it would matter either way but we’re just talking about a patch of orange that is on there it won’t be moving and the deer won’t notice it I just think it would be a good idea on public land I have gotten out of my blind in the past and noticed another hunter sitting pretty close he was an older gent and was pretty concerned when I just appeared out of thin air lol

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The issue is the work around of the law. The orange is not visible. It's the same as putting on your orange and then putting a coat on over top of it. Other states have requirements, so it's probably only a matter of time.

No, it's not a "work around of the law", it is following the law to the letter.

Putting a coat over your orange is illegal, sitting in a blind with orange on is not......it's NOT the same......there is no "work around of the law".

Please show me some documented cases where your proposed law would have kept someone from being shot. Unless you can show me evidence that people sitting in blinds are being shot on a regular basis because someone can't see their orange, then this would be just another feel good law that accomplishes nothing......and we already have way too many of those!!

And, just so you know, I always wear orange, even though I hunt on my own private property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom