Proposed changes to the regs...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to me but a friend of mine I don’t know that it would matter either way but we’re just talking about a patch of orange that is on there it won’t be moving and the deer won’t notice it I just think it would be a good idea on public land I have gotten out of my blind in the past and noticed another hunter sitting pretty close he was an older gent and was pretty concerned when I just appeared out of thin air lol

So, a friend of yours got shot sitting in a blind with orange on?? When and where did this happen, I want to look up the story and find out the details.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good idea on public land, I'm questioning the need for another law if we don't know for a fact that it will solve a real problem, not a "this might happen" or "if it saves just one".

If you think it's a good idea, there is nothing to keep you from doing it.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No he didn’t get shot he heard the bullet go through some brush by him I don’t know how close it doesn’t matter I was just offering my opinion take it how you wish it’s not worth an argument over

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not going to debate the orange on a blind issue, but will say I’ve had to remove my orange in a blind and wave it out the window to alert the idiot looking at me through his scope once.
I keep a spare orange vest in my backpack as a signaling flag if that ever happens again.

I have a couple of ground blinds that are on the opposite side of the fields from the county road. I was sitting in one earlier this year and had some doe in the field. Some jack wagon was cruising down the road and I saw him hit the brakes and the window start coming down. I about ripped the door off my pop up getting out so he could see my orange. He then peeled out and was gone. After that, I hung an orange vest on the tree next to my blind any time I was in it. Also, from that point on, I didn’t let either of my daughters hunt those blinds during, or even near rifle season.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are giving suggestions let's get rid of the retarded: you can't hunt coyotes or hogs during any deer gun season with a gun without a deer tag!! Including the holiday doe season which is ridiculous. Yes you can get an exemption from the warden but you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to shoot vermin on your own property!!

News flash. This isn't stopping anyone from poaching. Poachers gonna poach. Typical law only hurting people trying to abide by law.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are giving suggestions let's get rid of the retarded: you can't hunt coyotes or hogs during any deer gun season with a gun without a deer tag!! Including the holiday doe season which is ridiculous. Yes you can get an exemption from the warden but you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to shoot vermin on your own property!!

News flash. This isn't stopping anyone from poaching. Poachers gonna poach. Typical law only hurting people trying to abide by law.
Do you think maybe because a lot of deer hunters would start saying they were varmint hunting?

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you think maybe because a lot of deer hunters would start saying they were varmint hunting?

If your going to shoot a deer without a permit or even attempt to this law isn't even going to make you think twice. If you believe for a second this will slow someone down from deer hunting without a permit your nuts.

However if your home for xmas and you or your wife want to chase hogs for the evening while you are there you can't because it's against the law!! Unless of course you have an unfilled deer tag. Frustrating and stupid.

I also believe Oklahoma is the only state with this asinine law

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your going to shoot a deer without a permit or even attempt to this law isn't even going to make you think twice. If you believe for a second this will slow someone down from deer hunting without a permit your nuts.
Like it or not, its a tool that the GW's can use to bust those that wish to ignore the requirement to buy a tag. I have a lifetime license and never take a full limit of deer so if I want to coyote hunt, I'm good to go.
Tags and license fees along with private donations and the Federal Pittman-Robertson fees we get from the sales of sporting equipment is the only funding the ODW gets to operate on to buy land for WMA's, lease OLAP lands for more access to private land hunting/fishing, clean up the public gun ranges, build boat ramps on state lakes, and the list goes on. The ODW gets ZERO money from the state legislature to fund their payroll or other activities that benefit hunting and fishing in Ok.
By the way, I'm not nuts either.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

However if your home for xmas and you or your wife want to chase hogs for the evening while you are there you can't because it's against the law!! Unless of course you have an unfilled deer tag. Frustrating and stupid.

I also believe Oklahoma is the only state with this asinine law

Allow me to ease your pain and suffering just a bit....the license requirement for hunting hogs with a shotgun w/slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than 22 lr is a "filled or unfilled" tag for the appropriate firearms season. However, now that buckshot can be used for hogs on private land you could use that and you would be exempt from the license requirement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom