Proposed changes to the regs...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, you get the night permit for hogs online in about 3 minutes. Maybe 8 minutes if your not computer savvy.

Have you tried that lately? I downloaded the app on my phone a few months back and it doesnt work. Cant even pull up the thing you have to fill out. I also tried it on my computer and I got it all filled out, including the description of where the land is, and it wouldnt ever go through. It would just sit there and think. Last I tried the app still didnt work and I havent felt like filling it all out on the computer again only for it to not work. I may give it a shot again and see if it works. Its been a few weeks since I have tried. I started trying before rifle season.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried that lately? I downloaded the app on my phone a few months back and it doesnt work. Cant even pull up the thing you have to fill out. I also tried it on my computer and I got it all filled out, including the description of where the land is, and it wouldnt ever go through. It would just sit there and think. Last I tried the app still didnt work and I havent felt like filling it all out on the computer again only for it to not work. I may give it a shot again and see if it works. Its been a few weeks since I have tried. I started trying before rifle season.
I forgot what web browser it was that gave problems. I didn't want to download the app to my phone. IIRC on the web version it said if having trouble to call. I know for sure I called and the lady took my information quickly and then said "good to go" she then gave me the permit number and said I should also have an email with the property description and permit number. Sure enough I did. Works like a charm.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple of ground blinds that are on the opposite side of the fields from the county road. I was sitting in one earlier this year and had some doe in the field. Some jack wagon was cruising down the road and I saw him hit the brakes and the window start coming down. I about ripped the door off my pop up getting out so he could see my orange. He then peeled out and was gone. After that, I hung an orange vest on the tree next to my blind any time I was in it. Also, from that point on, I didn’t let either of my daughters hunt those blinds during, or even near rifle season.

You in Okfuskee county?

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Does it sound like Okfuskee style hunting?

I am in Canadian Co, so get a lot of the yahoos out of OKC that like to cruise the rural areas and choot sumpin.

Yep, the hunter North of us did the same thing, but for some reason his vest was by the blind and he was on the other side with just his hat on. I didn't know anyone was even hunting over there and I doubt he knows we are there either.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Jared for submitting that. It was a stupid reg anyway. However, I'm going to carry as few rounds into the field as possible anyway.
Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but, if they are going to allow 40 and 45 semi pistols, why not allow carbines in the same caliber?
The Marlin camp 45 and the Keltec carbines are quite capable of short range deer kills.
Just throwing this out there for a discussion point.

Last week I submitted a rule change proposal to address this issue. The proposals have to be approved thru each person in the chain of command and that is numerous people. So no guarantees on the success but we should know something come mid fall.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your welcome
If you could get the #6 birdshot for hunting coyotes AT NIGHT bumped to #4 buck, that would be great... Thanks. :mean:

Edit to add: I really cant see mounting a night vision scope to my Vincy but it would actually work with the Hornady plated buck loads in their Versatite wad. They are a 50-60 yard load easy. Birdshot, eh, not so much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom