Proposed Reg/Law Changes and Input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't read through the whole thing yet, but already don't like the removal of night time coyote hunting without their permission or that shotguns with 6 or smaller shot would have to be used. That could create problems for cattle farmers.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't read through the whole thing yet, but already don't like the removal of night time coyote hunting without their permission or that shotguns with 6 or smaller shot would have to be used. That could create problems for cattle farmers.

Yeah. I don't hunt, but I don't like that part either.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Night time coyote hunting without a game warden permit is already prohibited, and the shotgun rule is already in place according to the way I read the current regs. There’s a lot a leeway in the current regs for farmers and ranchers, but the ODWC/game warden has to give them permits.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Night time coyote hunting without a game warden permit is already prohibited, and the shotgun rule is already in place according to the way I read the current regs. There’s a lot a leeway in the current regs for farmers and ranchers, but the ODWC/game warden has to give them permits.
Oops, you're right. Looks like the regs were shortened and still address the same things. Guess all those hunting shows have been doing it wrong. And the guys shooting them in their cows too. Gonna be sure to keep an eye out for this from now on. I'm betting some cattle farmers lose guns over this one, possibly trucks or ATVs. And those fines....boy howdy.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
12 gauge single shot with #6 bird shot from 35 paces will kill a deer.
1 pellet penetrated the trachea.
12 year old that forgot to put a slug in his shotgun.

Zero damaged meat.
I bet that will never happen again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom