Proposed Rule Change Comment Period Open

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you "get it", then.....good grief.... "would I be good to bring back the entire carcass which we have done in the past?" is what's commonly known as "a stupid question".

As far as pros and cons.......I understand why they want to do it......but, last I checked there are no border fences preventing deer and elk from walking into Oklahoma from a CWD state, so I'm not sure it will actually do any good.

I don't see this one being changed by public input.
It's a freeking discussion about proposed regulations. Right now I can bring back anything from any state I want to. If enough people object to it they might reconsider it, but as I see it you think it's already sealed in stone and its not.
That is what is called a stupid response.
If you don't like what I wish to discuss, please put me on ignore so I don't have to see anymore of your ignorant responses and warped reasoning.
It's totally obvious you don't understand the purpose of a discussion which is to exchange ideas in a non-confrontational manner to come to an understanding.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The CWD deal would be a giant pain in the a$$, and what would it prevent? Are carcasses passing on CWD to current live animals in those states now?

I wish ODWC would clearly state whether 4 coil traps are legal or not, since mb650 have two springs but a coil on each end. It's been debated for years now.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read further down those proposed regulation changes and it appears they want to restrict or ban feeders when CWD is found in Oklahoma. Which is absolutely ridiculous as they have no hard evidence as to how the disease is spread! (Very last page, subchapter 42, #6 on the list.)

Straight from the CWD website:

It is not known exactly how CWD is transmitted. The infectious agent may be passed in feces, urine or saliva. Transmission is thought to be lateral (from animal to animal). Although maternal transmission (from mother to fetus) may occur, it appears to be relatively unimportant in maintaining epidemics.

What a crock of $h!7. If you like having feeders on your deer ground or simply baiting hogs to shoot for fun you better send in some comments. I know I will!!

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the proposed new rules (if passed), a person would practically have to get their taxidermy done in the state the animal was killed. That would be ridiculous in my opinion.

Not exactly, but you are going to have know how to cape an animal out over the head for taxidermy and saw the antlers off properly. Which is pretty easy actually, but not a skill most hunters possess. All in all I agree that rule will be more of a pain than actually solve any problems. I think it would be mostly unenforceable and likely ignored much of the time.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Not exactly, but you are going to have know how to cape an animal out over the head for taxidermy and saw the antlers off properly. Which is pretty easy actually, but not a skill most hunters possess. All in all I agree that rule will be more of a pain than actually solve any problems. I think it would be mostly unenforceable and likely ignored much of the time.

So what would be the procedure if I shot a doe in KS and wanted to bring it home?

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a freeking discussion about proposed regulations. Right now I can bring back anything from any state I want to. If enough people object to it they might reconsider it, but as I see it you think it's already sealed in stone and its not.
That is what is called a stupid response.
If you don't like what I wish to discuss, please put me on ignore so I don't have to see anymore of your ignorant responses and warped reasoning.
It's totally obvious you don't understand the purpose of a discussion which is to exchange ideas in a non-confrontational manner to come to an understanding.

Ignorant response?? Warped reasoning?? The proposed rule change regarding CWD is VERY clear......asking if you will be able to bring back something, killed in a county within a restricted state, is either an ignorant or a stupid question. Since you said you "get it", I assumed you actually read the proposed rule and understood it.....which removes the possibility of it being an ignorant question and, by process of elimination, confirms that is was a stupid question. That's my reasoning....warped or not.

I do believe this rule is already "sealed in stone".....the wildlife commission is under no obligation to defer to public input. In this instance, I doubt public input will change anything.

I don't think I'll put you on ignore just yet, but thanks for the invitation!!

As far as the proposed firearms changes......not only will 9mm handguns be legal for deer......25 and 32 auto will be too!!! That may be an unintended consequence....

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what would be the procedure if I shot a doe in KS and wanted to bring it home?

Quarter it and bring it home.

(3) No person shall import, transport, or possess any cervid carcass or part of a cervid carcass from outside the boundaries of Oklahoma. The following items are the only exceptions: 1) Antlers and or antlers attached to clean skull plate or cleaned skulls (all tissue removed); 2) Animals quarters containing no spinal materials or meat with all parts of the spinal column removed; 3) Cleaned teeth; 4) Finished taxidermy products; 5) Hides or tanned products.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Quarter it and bring it home.

(3) No person shall import, transport, or possess any cervid carcass or part of a cervid carcass from outside the boundaries of Oklahoma. The following items are the only exceptions: 1) Antlers and or antlers attached to clean skull plate or cleaned skulls (all tissue removed); 2) Animals quarters containing no spinal materials or meat with all parts of the spinal column removed; 3) Cleaned teeth; 4) Finished taxidermy products; 5) Hides or tanned products.

Thanks, I got hung up on the antler part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom