Proposed Rule Change Comment Period Open

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Oklahoma going to put in an approved disposal at major entry points? If a head must be carried with meat or quartered carcass in one state but can't be brought into the hunters home state, what is acceptable for disposal?
Can I prop it up next to the Welcome to Texas sign?

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep prions.
Parvo is a virus (like AIDS) Prions are an entirely different animal all sterilization methods used against bacteria or viruse won’t inactivate the prions. Not sure radiation will inactivated them, scrapie, BSE (mad cow), are all scary stuff, prions are a rogue protein and from what I can tell they know very little about how it’s starts or spreads. I mean what do you do with a pathogen you can’t kill / inactivate

hamiltoe

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Parvo is a virus (like AIDS) Prions are an entirely different animal all sterilization methods used against bacteria or viruse won’t inactivate the prions. Not sure radiation will inactivated them, scrapie, BSE (mad cow), are all scary stuff, prions are a rogue protein and from what I can tell they know very little about how it’s starts or spreads. I mean what do you do with a pathogen you can’t kill / inactivate
Supposedly there has been some conflicting research redarding whether or not prions cause CWD. Supposedly , 5 to 10 percent of deer that have CWD don't have prions present. New theories suggest that bacterium likely initiates the disease process and stimulates the formation of prions.

I hope that Oklahoma isn't going to over react until more is known.

The transport ban will also affect companies like Skulls Unlimited in OKC since a lot of their business is mail order.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supposedly there has been some conflicting research redarding whether or not prions cause CWD. Supposedly , 5 to 10 percent of deer that have CWD don't have prions present. New theories suggest that bacterium likely initiates the disease process and stimulates the formation of prions.

I hope that Oklahoma isn't going to over react until more is known.

The transport ban will also affect companies like Skulls Unlimited in OKC since a lot of their business is mail order.
Lol I remember them they used to buy caustic soda

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oh.....didn’t think about that. Yea gonna suck for skulls unlimited. Gonna suck for hunters that use them. Nobody and I mean NOBODY cleans bone like skulls unlimited. They are known world wide for a reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom