Pros and Cons of quick detach suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leery of those quick detaches. It was definitely user error, but I was shooting with a friend of mine who has a quick detach suppressor on his .300BO SBR. The first round down range, and that can flew about 15 yards! He was embarrassed, I couldn't help but laugh. After the can and barrel attachment were inspected, no permanent damage was done. He just didn't cinch it down.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30B37530-0554-485E-87D6-D8C3B83E4C39.png
For me a pro if I were to or do own one is multi weapon use. The con would be as one has mentioned that they can come off. Here is a pic of my range and one red circle indicates where my shooting table was set and the other 28yds away is where it ended up for 5 days. The pond was up a foot higher than in the pic. I did not see it come off.

jacobgh81

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being able to use them on multiple firearms is a pro to me.

Con to that is needing multiple muzzle devices for each of the firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What he said. Also, it's nice to not worry if a direct thread will loosen during firing. On the flip side, you may lose a slight amount of precision, but not enough to worry unless you're shooting really long distances.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leery of those quick detaches. It was definitely user error, but I was shooting with a friend of mine who has a quick detach suppressor on his .300BO SBR. The first round down range, and that can flew about 15 yards! He was embarrassed, I couldn't help but laugh. After the can and barrel attachment were inspected, no permanent damage was done. He just didn't cinch it down.
And how do you feel about them now, 1.75 years later, when you have fun sticks with tri lugs on the end of them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom