Pros and Cons of quick detach suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And how do you feel about them now, 1.75 years later, when you have fun sticks with tri lugs on the end of them?

i-have-seen-the-light-i-have-got-the-answer.gif

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The biggest difference is : Good Quality QD's are heat treated as are the muzzle devices.
Barrels are NOT! After a lot of on and off's the QD's are good as new, the Direct threads on barrels start to loosen and you can have a bullet strike or launch one downrange.
I started out with direct thread but after barrel threads loosening and suppressor threads wearing especially on aluminum cans I went all out Rearden mounts and Rearden/liberty muzzle devices.
Had to re-thread a couple guns and steel thread insert on an aluminum can.

cjantz20

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest difference is : Good Quality QD's are heat treated as are the muzzle devices.
Barrels are NOT! After a lot of on and off's the QD's are good as new, the Direct threads on barrels start to loosen and you can have a bullet strike or launch one downrange.
I started out with direct thread but after barrel threads loosening and suppressor threads wearing especially on aluminum cans I went all out Rearden mounts and Rearden/liberty muzzle devices.
Had to re-thread a couple guns and steel thread insert on an aluminum can.
That's a good point if removing the can much. I'm sure many have several hosts and only a couple cans. DT is awesome for simplicity sake when on a primary host. I have gone back and forth on my new can, but I have a 13.9" and if I ever decided to pin and weld a device to reach the mystical length of 16" a QD mount is an unconstitutional consideration.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And this is just me, but I do flash hiders instead of muzzle brakes. Flash hiders you can just Rocksett them on and tighten it down and you're good to go, muzzle brakes you'll have to time and use shims and all that jazz and I kind of figure less is more when installing a QD mount.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good point if removing the can much. I'm sure many have several hosts and only a couple cans. DT is awesome for simplicity sake when on a primary host. I have gone back and forth on my new can, but I have a 13.9" and if I ever decided to pin and weld a device to reach the mystical length of 16" a QD mount is an unconstitutional consideration.
I don't know about unconstitutional but it is a 200 dollar decision

Latest posts

Top Bottom