PSA Blem AR-10 Deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I’m going to dip my toe into the AR-10 pool one of these days, with an eye toward .308 as the caliber of choice for shooting steel silhouettes out to 500-600 yards. I won’t be trying to shoot cloverleafs in paper - just being able to knock over a 24” steel target at 600 yards will be reward enough. I’m looking at .308 mainly because 1) it’s widely available, and 2) it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg per round like 6.5 Grendel or 6.5 Creedmoor. Most AR-10s I’ve seen for sale generally are $1200 and up, so this “deal” (?) from PSA caught my eye:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ble...606&utm_term=morning&utm_content=51655123030B
I wouldn’t care if there was a blem on the rifle, but I was wondering if anyone here has one or has shot one, and if so, what can you tell me about the quality of the build? Thanks!

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't get the website to open on my work computer, but if it's the same one I got for $700 it is very nice. I put a nice Cabela's scope on for $200 including one piece mount.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The blem deal is $849.99. Here’s a SS:

CF6F57F7-538D-4FB4-8D65-D07B74CD887F.jpeg

If you still have the box, can you post the model number, please?

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probabaly as cheap as they are ever going to be again. I got the 20 inch when it was 700 too and stuck a Cabelas scope on mine as well. I've run it to 900 yards suppressed at Fouled Bore.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't remember what I spent on my PSA AR-10, but it was right around $500. I bought a blem complete lower and a blem complete upper, both the Gen 2, and I couldn't find anything wrong with either, cosmetically or otherwise.

I've bought all sorts of blem products from PSA. I've never been able to find the blem.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the blem lower when they were 249. I couldn’t find the blem/blems and it functions as it should. No experience with the upper.

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have purchased blemished ar15 uppers and lowers from psa never had or noticed any issues, on the lowers there were some scratches but if you put several ar15 lowers in a sack they will come out with scratches on them.

something I didn't know on my first ar10 build, unlike ar15's ar10's have noncompatible variations
https://www.thegunpeople.com/2022/0...entire,block and gas key to cycle the rifles.
A latecomer to military service, the AR-10 had more time to be tinkered with, thus skewing how the gun is put together. In short, different brands of the rifle don’t play nice with each other.
Thankfully, there is some consistency with two patterns dominating the market — DPMS’s LR-308 and ArmaLite’s AR-10. The issue is, the receivers and the major internal components are not compatible. A DPMS upper receiver is not meant to go on an AR-10 lower receiver. An AR-10 bolt-carrier group is not designed to function with an LR-308 pattern barrel. Neither uses a barrel nut with the same thread count.

noticed on psa's website they recommend only using psa parts from the same generation, guess a gen 2 lower will not fit a gen 3 upper properly