PSA sale - worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one during the Pedo Trump days when they were really cheap; now they appear to be cheap again. Not a bad gun at all; trigger takes some getting used to, but isn't bad once you get used to it.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Familiar with the G2C myself, never had an issue with it. Despite how much people knock Taurus, seems they got their act together from that model on.
Had a guy on another forum that offered to trade his PT 1911 for a Sig 229 with both barrels in .357/.40 S&W along with NIB set of Sig Lights as old ones were getting dim and the Sig .357 barrel was NIB. Long story short I told him that I wasn't interested as that model he wanted to trade was known as a jammer and I had no interest. This guy insisted his used Taurus was valued at $700. I still had no interest. He kept texting and trying to shove his piece of **** on me. When I told him to Buzz off he threatened me. Can you believe this? Only got rid of this Nut when I threatened to contact a Moderator and send all the Text messages to him and that he could be banned forever for threatening life and limb on the Site. Haven't heard anything of late. How I wish he would get stupid and send a text!

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://palmettostatearmory.com/taurus-g2c-9mm-pistol-black-1-g2c931-12.html
Wanting to get some input from those more knowledgeable on the Taurus G2C in 9mm. PSA has retail at $349 but marked down to $219 and there's a $25 mail in rebate. $194 + tax + FFL seems like a good deal. Academy has them regular price at $279 + tax but no mention of a rebate.

Been looking at the Taurus TX22 in .22 lr but may consider this instead and keep around our property loaded with varmint shot/loads.

Appreciate any input good or bad.
Really good guns, I bought one for my Sister, she’s put two cases in it in 1 1/2 years

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I bought one a few years ago from Academy with a Rossi 22 LR (buy pistol get the rifle free) for $200. I carry it as my backup sometimes when deer hunting, and I have no complaints. She likes it better than her original M&P 9C because the trigger pull isn't incredibly long and actually breaks crisply.

I would recommend it. I would still take my 24/7 or SR40 over it, but it is easier to conceal and light.

Plus, my wife likes it.

(The Rossi went to my mom as a farm gun to shoot dogs/coyotes if they got close to the house. She had never had a gun before.....don't ask me how when she bought me a few guns when I was a kid.)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friends don’t let friends buy TAURUS. Sorry, but that’s the way it is. Unless one of the older ones from the 1980’s or prior.

For $300, why not just got with a PSA Dagger?!?

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a guy on another forum that offered to trade his PT 1911 for a Sig 229 with both barrels in .357/.40 S&W along with NIB set of Sig Lights as old ones were getting dim and the Sig .357 barrel was NIB. Long story short I told him that I wasn't interested as that model he wanted to trade was known as a jammer and I had no interest. This guy insisted his used Taurus was valued at $700. I still had no interest. He kept texting and trying to shove his piece of **** on me. When I told him to Buzz off he threatened me. Can you believe this? Only got rid of this Nut when I threatened to contact a Moderator and send all the Text messages to him and that he could be banned forever for threatening life and limb on the Site. Haven't heard anything of late. How I wish he would get stupid and send a text!
You know you can block numbers on your cell phone so normal folks don't get texts from wack jobs...... It's a choice you have. You are complaining about him texting yet you want him to text again so you can tell on him. Maybe he, blocked your number. Just kidding. I once traded an old Honda dirt bike for a worn out Taurus 1911. Replaced all the springs and things with Wilson combat and got a variety of decent mags .The thing actually ran good. Taurus of old I wouldn't have counted on any of their semi auto guns honestly but the wheel guns are a different story. Now it seems Taurus is making some gains in quality and reliability .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom