PSA to OK Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Please have some common courtesy for your fellow drivers when you are on the turnpikes in the predawn hours and TURN OFF YOUR PHUCKING HIGH BEAMS when oncoming cars are coming in your direction. I drive from Sapulpa to Mcalester everyday and as soon as i get on the Indian Nations Turnpike I literally had to flash my highbeams about 20 times this morning at cars with their highs on. Every morning it's like this. That's all. Carry on.

People flash there lights at me when mine are on low . . . and they're not that bright either. I just sit up higher so they're actually hitting them differently I guess.

I'm happy if they actually have their lights on when it starts getting dark . . . and for the life of me . . . I can't figure out why some of the people on my morning commute drive 40 (sometimes slower) in a 50.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While we are at it, let's also complain about the drivers that have to also have their fog lights on as well as the headlights.

I'd bet some of those nincompoops are also on OSA...

...(waiting)

Depends, are we talking yellow lens fog lights or the white driving lights thats on 99% of the vehicles today?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats worse is those folks who install a cheap LED bulb and install it in a halogen housing, then the light just scatters all over since the halogen reflectors are not designed to reflect the led light patterns.

Of course the led bulb color they chose has to be a screwed up blue which makes everything even more screwed up.

I wont even get started about the $20 led light bars.....
Exactly, most people slap those cheap bulbs in the halogen light difuser and blinds every car the pass. They don’t understand the difference in a projector and reflector headlight lense.

The other people that are clueless are the new Silverado drivers that install a leveling kit to lift the front suspension of their half ton truck. Those have the projector lenses that have a distinct cutoff of the light pattern. Well, when they lift the front end, they don’t lower the light pattern and the light cutoff is above the head of the driver of the oncoming traffic.

I flash all those morons with the custom HID projectors in the old JKU.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly, most people slap those cheap bulbs in the halogen light difuser and blinds every car the pass. They don’t understand the difference in a projector and reflector headlight lense.

The other people that are clueless are the new Silverado drivers that install a leveling kit to lift the front suspension of their half ton truck. Those have the projector lenses that have a distinct cutoff of the light pattern. Well, when they lift the front end, they don’t lower the light pattern and the light cutoff is above the head of the driver of the oncoming traffic.

I flash all those morons with the custom HID projectors in the old JKU.

I bought my truck with a 6" lift back in 2018. Some folks flash me when I'm on low beams . . . I guess this might be why. But my lows aren't bright at all and don't really provide much light on the road from my perspective. I guess I can look and see if I can adjust the light pattern.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my truck with a 6" lift back in 2018. Some folks flash me when I'm on low beams . . . I guess this might be why. But my lows aren't bright at all and don't really provide much light on the road from my perspective. I guess I can look and see if I can adjust the light pattern.
Yeah, I think most people don’t think about their headlights much. I’ve spent way too much time thinking about them.
I built my own HID project headlights for my old Jeep. They are aimed not to bother oncoming traffic while on low beam. High beam will nicely light up a sign more than a mile down a flat road.
There are YouTube videos to help aim headlights appropriately. In fact, you might be surprised how bright your lights are when aimed correctly. Most of the light is probably currently not hitting the road.

B45FC8FC-5E11-4065-B106-5F5A09095F12.jpeg
8EFA7E3C-EC0F-4D8B-B048-1D0D5C8FF40B.jpeg

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to be, when I got my truck inspected, they checked the angle of my headlights. This was way back in the 90s and was in Arkansas. If they couldn't be adjusted, had 30 days to come back and get it reinspected or the inspection book was turned in and I got flagged. Not to mention it was a small town and expired inspections were noticed.

I am not a fan of inspections, but feel that we got too many cars that shouldn't be on the road.

One of my big complaints is people driving around with expired tags. A lot are driving around with three and four month expired temp tags from the dealer. Those are people that scare me and get some extra room. Pretty sure they don't have insurance, but could be the taxes

As a side note: few years ago went to renew the tag on my wife's car, and realized I hadn't seen the renewal notice for my truck. Looked, and it was a year expired. I didn't realize, and went and paid the penalty, and the lady couldn't believe I had not gotten pulled over. I took all the insurance verifications in but she only need the current.

Latest posts

Top Bottom