PSA to OK Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends, are we talking yellow lens fog lights or the white driving lights thats on 99% of the vehicles today?

It depends...

...time was, about all fog lights were yellow, but over the years, they have turned clear. While you might call them "driving lights," I only use them in fog or in rainy conditions so that I can better see the lines at both sides of the traffic lane.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While we are at it, let's also complain about the drivers that have to also have their fog lights on as well as the headlights.
People flash there lights at me when mine are on low . . . and they're not that bright either. I just sit up higher so they're actually hitting them differently I guess.
That's exactly why I drive with my fog lights on--I get fewer people flashing their lights at me than when my fogs are off.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends...

...time was, about all fog lights were yellow, but over the years, they have turned clear. While you might call them "driving lights," I only use them in fog or in rainy conditions so that I can better see the lines at both sides of the traffic lane.
People use fogs like driving lights, but they aren't the same. It's not the color that differentiates them, it's the lens--fog light lenses have a pattern that keeps the beam focused down on the ground to prevent reflected glare in foggy conditions (although I suspect you already knew that).

Latest posts

Top Bottom