PSA to OK Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My F-250 has those. Sometimes I want to shut them off as they go off and on quickly between cars on roads with hills, sometimes hanging on too long and I get flashed from the other driver.
My Titan has them, and I was surprised at how well they usually work. They'll get fooled for a second, especially if you go up or down a relatively sharp incline, enough that the headlights reflect back a little. I don't even know if there's a way to disable them, but there probably is... most of my night time driving is in too much traffic to be able to use high beams anyway, so I never checked.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think on the new fords if you just turn them to on versus using the automatic feature they don’t kick on and off.
I might be wrong but think I did that.

Our 2019 Expedition can be set to manually operated. If we turn the switch totally off and then back clockwise a turn or two, it is manual. Clockwise all the way and they are automatic.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you should have your headlight beams adjusted so you don't blind the other drivers, just sayin'.

If I was actually blinding drivers I'd think more people would flash their highs at me . . . I'm nothing close to as bad as some of the new Ford trucks with their million lumen LED white lights.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Titan has them, and I was surprised at how well they usually work. They'll get fooled for a second, especially if you go up or down a relatively sharp incline, enough that the headlights reflect back a little. I don't even know if there's a way to disable them, but there probably is... most of my night time driving is in too much traffic to be able to use high beams anyway, so I never checked.

What year is your Titan? I drive a 2017.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think on the new fords if you just turn them to on versus using the automatic feature they don’t kick on and off.
I might be wrong but think I did that.
On my dad’s F-150, if you push the stalk forward, it puts the high beams on auto, but if you pull back they go to manual operation. Or maybe it’s the other way around; I haven’t driven it much at all, let alone at night.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a Ford, that feature can be disabled on the light switch, no sure about the Titan's though. There are so danged many switches and functions on these new models no matter who makes them, that about every month or so I find myself getting out the owners manual to refresh what this "new" one is.
Found a button the other day on the steering column. Brings the steering wheel closer or further away while the seat remains stationary. Another one brings the pedals closer or further without anything else moving. I'll never use them again once getting set, but they are there. Love the technology.

Latest posts

Top Bottom