PSA to OK Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Found a button the other day on the steering column. Brings the steering wheel closer or further away while the seat remains stationary. Another one brings the pedals closer or further without anything else moving. I'll never use them again once getting set, but they are there. Love the technology.
My first Lincoln had the power-adjustable steering wheel and pedals, and they were tied into the memory settings for the power seat, so when you unlocked the door, it reset everything to your preferences. I found that I used to pedal adjustment more than the steering wheel adjustment, as I could move the pedals to make the position of my feet and legs more comfortable on long trips or in slow-moving traffic.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first Lincoln had the power-adjustable steering wheel and pedals, and they were tied into the memory settings for the power seat, so when you unlocked the door, it reset everything to your preferences. I found that I used to pedal adjustment more than the steering wheel adjustment, as I could move the pedals to make the position of my feet and legs more comfortable on long trips or in slow-moving traffic.
Yep, pretty cool. They memorize the settings depending on who carries the key fob. Wife is about a foot shorter than me, so not having to mess with the seat adjustments before climbing in is a good thing.
Her KIA and Jeep before that has the same thing but I've always ran Toyota trucks in the past for my personal vehicle. Toyota keeps life pretty simple in the drivers compartment.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a Ford, that feature can be disabled on the light switch, no sure about the Titan's though. There are so danged many switches and functions on these new models no matter who makes them, that about every month or so I find myself getting out the owners manual to refresh what this "new" one is.
Found a button the other day on the steering column. Brings the steering wheel closer or further away while the seat remains stationary. Another one brings the pedals closer or further without anything else moving. I'll never use them again once getting set, but they are there. Love the technology.
You guys got me curious, so I had to look in the owner's manual.... :rollingla

On the Titan, they call it "High Beam Assist". It only works when the headlights are set to Auto (you know, they automagically turn on at dusk), so you can just turn the headlights to manual On/Off and the high/low beam works manually.

And apparently there's a light on the instrument panel that shows when High Beam Assist is activated. I never even noticed that. It's 5 am, and now I have to go out to the truck and find the indicator light. :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom