PTR-91 GI 308?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had a PTR and a C308 and would recommend an AR10 instead.
PTR kept having double and triple bursts.. NOT fun with a .308.
Ended up replacing the control group and it fixed the problem, but I sold it after my initial experience.
My c308 literally fell apart upon the first shot. I guess it wasn’t fully assembled at Century before it was sent off and I never really inspected it before loading it up. “Lesson learned with century.”
Ymmv

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had a PTR and a C308 and would recommend an AR10 instead.
PTR kept having double and triple bursts.. NOT fun with a .308.
Ended up replacing the control group and it fixed the problem, but I sold it after my initial experience.
My c308 literally fell apart upon the first shot. I guess it wasn’t fully assembled at Century before it was sent off and I never really inspected it before loading it up. “Lesson learned with century.”
Ymmv
Yea I have heard a lot of century products having problems.

Mack45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2019-2-18_22-6-40.jpeg

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have had several PTRs and they are cool guns. I hate the poly lower though...I never had an issue with any of mine shooting everything from good quality brass cased ammo to lacquer coated brown bear. I agree with the above recommendation that AR10s are superior in every way. If you just want one to have one then that's fine, but if you want a semi auto battle rifle to use for hunting or precision shooting then the 10 would be a much better choice.

J460

Marksman
Reaction score
I owned one for a while never had any problems with it. Replaced it with an M1a and then an AR10. Was probably my favorite of the three, just fun to shoot. But they are hard on brass.

JJ Hiryuu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a PTR91 GI specifically but I do have a couple PTR rifles. They do a pretty good job with the roller lock rifles, better welds and finish than HK had back in the day for sure. The one time I've used the warranty they were great, fixed the issue, and even installed the QD mount for a suppressor for me at no cost.

Latest posts

Top Bottom