Public access to the AR River in south Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I posted a query once a few years back, but got no real responses, so I‘m trying again. Do you folks know of any public areas east of Sheridan Road through the Broken Arrow area with easy access to the Arkansas River bottoms? I tried once at Bentley Park in Bixby, but the river bank along that park has a steep drop of 6-10 feet. Anywhere that one can stroll down to the river without needing rappelling equipment, and be able to walk along open flats when the river is low?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go south on Memorial there is parking space right before the bridge that has walking access to the river.

You mean the small park on the west side of Memorial, with the girder from the World Trade Center? I thought there was a fence between that park and the river. I’ll have to check it out more closely, thanks!

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean the small park on the west side of Memorial, with the girder from the World Trade Center? I thought there was a fence between that park and the river. I’ll have to check it out more closely, thanks!

I've never been there, but using google maps you can see the parking space and what looks like several walking paths from there to the river bank.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in that area and drive over the bridge daily. You can walk to the river without any fences in the way. I know there are some steep banks in the area but I see people in the river right there occasionally. I can’t imagine they came from very far away. There are trails along the edge of the river there. Surely somewhere is an access point. Also, those trails have wild grapes growing along the river banks. My kids and I ate some earlier this summer. Happy hunting.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can easily walk into the river from under the Memorial bridge. Easy access from the walking path that runs parallel to the river along Bentley park.
I used to jog that trail back when my kids had baseball or soccer practice

Latest posts

Top Bottom