Pull Behind ATV - Utility Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to pick up a Polaris Sportsman 850 or 1000 in the next week or two. Want to get a pull behind utility trailer to load up with misc debris, firewood, materials, etc. Wanting something in the 15-20 CU FT range with most likely a poly bed rather than steel with a dump bed. There are a ton of them out there. Sorta have my eye on this model. What do you guy use or can recommend? Thanks for the help.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohio-Steel-4...95&sprefix=atv+garden+trailer,aps,189&sr=8-23

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check with Home Depot. Their website shows several dump carts that are poly. Some are also less in price than the one at Amazon. Plus, you could have the cart shipped to your local Home Depot instead of depending on "whomever" to deliver from Amazon.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an idea - buy a trailer that you can use with the Polaris that you can also use to pull the Polaris somewhere with your vehicle if need be. Tractor Supply had a bunch at one point and they're not much more expensive than the off-road utility/garden trailers.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an idea - buy a trailer that you can use with the Polaris that you can also use to pull the Polaris somewhere with your vehicle if need be. Tractor Supply had a bunch at one point and they're not much more expensive than the off-road utility/garden trailers.
This.

I’ve used small trailers behind my ATVs and they are just a pain. You cannot carry anything of substance. Like big tree limbs, large rocks or a lot of dirt, etc.
I would be more inclined to use the bucket on the tractor than trying to load a small trailer and make a bunch of trips back and forth to where you dump it. I have a hitch on my tractor and use a 5x10 steel bed trailer when I trim the trees. It’s a lot more utilitarian than a small plastic trailer that’s not road worthy.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.

I’ve used small trailers behind my ATVs and they are just a pain. You cannot carry anything of substance. Like big tree limbs, large rocks or a lot of dirt, etc.
I would be more inclined to use the bucket on the tractor than trying to load a small trailer and make a bunch of trips back and forth to where you dump it. I have a hitch on my tractor and use a 5x10 steel bed trailer when I trim the trees. It’s a lot more utilitarian than a small plastic trailer that’s not road worthy.

But if you don’t have a tractor you make your atv and trailer work. We hauled the building materials for our miners shacks 20 miles across the tundra and muskeg with Honda Big Reds and our homemade trailers. Nothing fun about it but we got it done.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to pick up a Polaris Sportsman 850 or 1000 in the next week or two. Want to get a pull behind utility trailer to load up with misc debris, firewood, materials, etc. Wanting something in the 15-20 CU FT range with most likely a poly bed rather than steel with a dump bed. There are a ton of them out there. Sorta have my eye on this model. What do you guy use or can recommend? Thanks for the help.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohio-Steel-4...95&sprefix=atv+garden+trailer,aps,189&sr=8-23

I liked this style. You could haul lots of stuff in it but it wasn’t practical for hauling full sheets of plywood over rough ground. It held up better then our homemade trailers.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/t...VCClMCh1jow4eEAQYAiABEgICcfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds