Pull Behind ATV - Utility Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

I’ve used small trailers behind my ATVs and they are just a pain. You cannot carry anything of substance. Like big tree limbs, large rocks or a lot of dirt, etc.
I would be more inclined to use the bucket on the tractor than trying to load a small trailer and make a bunch of trips back and forth to where you dump it. I have a hitch on my tractor and use a 5x10 steel bed trailer when I trim the trees. It’s a lot more utilitarian than a small plastic trailer that’s not road worthy.
I built a drive in set of forks in which I have a 4x4 / half sheet of 3/4" plywood on it. It is extremely handy, I can put it at a tailgate height, I can put it at a roofline. I use it mostly for my portable welding tasks. But what ever will fit and stack on the space is mobile. Because its drive in pull out it's fast to use, there's no tires on it to go flat. It's the cats meow as far as I'm concerned.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to pick up a Polaris Sportsman 850 or 1000 in the next week or two. Want to get a pull behind utility trailer to load up with misc debris, firewood, materials, etc. Wanting something in the 15-20 CU FT range with most likely a poly bed rather than steel with a dump bed. There are a ton of them out there. Sorta have my eye on this model. What do you guy use or can recommend? Thanks for the help.

https://www.amazon.com/Ohio-Steel-4...95&sprefix=atv+garden+trailer,aps,189&sr=8-23
I have one of those exact trailers for my ATV. Love it. Got it at tractor supply. Not only is it great for hauling and dumping whatever....I would put the empty trailer in the dump (down) position and roll my heavy deer into it then bring it up easily for hauling out of the woods

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, I took about 3/4 of a sheet of steel floorplate and welded a short "tongue" on it to connect a chain, so when pulling, it lifted the front a bit. Made a pretty good sled, and having the cleat side up helped keep stuff from falling off.
___

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here might be an option. Found this ad on Craigslist.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/tro/d/broken-arrow-utility-lift-trailer/7451211492.html

Utility Lift Trailer - $750 (Bixby)​

Up for sale is a Utility Trailer Measures 5' x 3'. Made of metal with lift. Comes with a extra spare tire and a storage box.

Feel Free to give us a call or come by and check it out
Mon-Fri 9-6 or Sat 10-4

Tulsa County Pawn of Bixby
14657 S Memorial Dr
Bixby, OK 74008
(Next to Dr Green)

1645980947997.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Parks 788 is interested in a "dump trailer." Some of those suggestions for more like standard utility trailers to haul the ATV/UTV as well as what he wants to pull may not be able to dump the contents of the trailer.

At least, he did mention that capability of dumping, so I'm going by that.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies and ideas. I've looked at a small road worthy utility trailer but have my reservation on it. Plus I have access to a single axle 5x10 utility trailer already for towing the Polaris and I also own a really nice 24'x8.5' enclosed cargo/car hauler to move it around if needed. I guess I wasn't 100% clear on its use. My wife has sorta learned to operate my Kubota L2501 but she's not and probably will never be comfortable enough to get on it and use it when I'm not nearby. THe Polaris and large garden trailer would be primarily used by my wife. I have some fairly tight trails that also need to be navigated on the property so a "full size" steel trailer would be too big for those areas. Also want to have the ability to be able to back up the trailer so a sled is out of the question but i do like the black poly tubs like posted in a link above. Want my wife to be able to muscle the trailer around with putting it on the ATV and if she gets in a pickle in a tight area to be able to disconnect, reposition and reconnect it by herself. Als to muscle the tail end around by hand if needed. Really something she would be more comfortable using by herself. I have the kubota to do most of my dirty work and hauling needs that I'd be using.

I did purchase a Polaris Sportsman 850 today from Antlers Motorsports. Should be picking it up on Wednesday. Super excited about the new toy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife bought me a sled like these (Jet Sled) several years ago. At first I didn't think I would like it but it's been a great tool for my ATV. You would be surprised how versatile these are.

I've also been looking at these (Yard glider)
Jet sled is what I use to recover elk in the mountains of New Mexico behind an ATV or UTV, then loading them on the same trailer the atv was transported on behind the truck.

E631ED81-D695-4A2D-8311-E0BF4D1C9939.jpeg
4A50FF39-A308-441A-8780-48EA9CB14EB0.jpeg

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the ATV and Trailer to the property this weekend. It's a great setup so far. Had an initial issue with the trailer wheel as I was driving trough the brush and push in type of pin retainer that keeps the wheel on must have got snagged on something and came out thus making the wheel fall off. I had some cotter pins in the shop so replaced both wheel axles with them and are much more secure. So far loving it and going to be a great asset around here. Ohhh, and this 850 has some crazy power. Made me say out loud to myself "ohhh chit" several times when I hit the throttle hard. I appreciate all the relpies and advice on this thread.

IMG_5208.jpg
IMG_5209.jpg