PUMA 92 in 45 Colt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only fired 8 rounds from it so far, but that was enough to get me in the ball park on loads. I'm currently loading 260 grain RNFP lead with 10 grains of AA#5 and a sdandard large rifle primer. I haven't had a chance to chronograph any of them yet, but they shoot comfortably. I may have to tune the load for max accuracy in this particular rifle, but so far it feels good. Blitzfike

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought and still have a 92SRC in 357/38 I got back when they first came out.
I'm thinking somewhere around the early 80's
Great little gun that has functioned flawlessly with both rounds.
It really is one of my weapons that it would be hard to buy from me.
I bought a short barreled Vaquero with a birdshead grip from a board member to go along with it.

I really like both of them and enjoy putting my little cowboy hat on and riding my stick pony playing Hoopalong Cassidy. :sweat:

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a Ruger Bisley in 45 colt and a standard blackhawk in 45 colt as companion guns for this one. I even have a double barrel 12 guage, I guess if I got ambitious enough I could play cowboy action with this setup.. Just a thought.. Blitz

warpusher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had one for years and it is a great gun!

I had it worked on by a SASS gunsmith and it is crazy smooth. You can literally work the action with your pinkie.

The 92 action is VERY strong...you can use hot 45 Colt loads if you so wish.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the action strength. I don't have anything but Ruger single action revolvers in 45 colt other than this Puma, so I may increase the strength of the loads some. I'm more interested in accuracy than big booms, but I would like to develop a hunting load adequate for hog or deer. I've taken hog with my 71/2" blackhawk with fairly warm loads and it was barely adequate at that. I think i'll carry a 41 or 44 mag as backup just in case.. Blitz

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one with a 24" barrel chambered in .44-40. It goes well with my Vaquero. I have always loved the Rossi 92s. I used Rossi parts several time to get old Winchester 92s running again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom