Purchasing parts from PSA for Lego assembley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackDeath

Marksman
Reaction score
Check with academy, if there's none on the shelf ask the employees if there's any in back. Sometimes it's there and they haven't had time to stock it.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Update:

Stopped at Firearms Solutions to see what Keith had for AR's. As expected, sold out except for 1 S&W Sport II AR. It looked lonely so I bought it. Gonna take it home tonight and clean and oil it. He had 1 20rd box of 5.56 Hornady Frontier 55gr. That'll be gone like a fart in the wind tomorrow.

I DID end up buying the list I posted from PSA. Made the expectation of everything being here by Friday. The upper and charging handle will make it but no word on the lower and BCG guess the rest will come in after I get back to work.

So, for now, I got 1 complete M&P Sport II and 20 rds of 5.56 and the PSA in pieces coming in over the next week or so.

Short range plans for Sport II are going to be replacing the front grip with MLok rail, replace the gas with a shorter system to fit the MLok and find a cheap red dot optic.

The PSA will be glassed and tinkered with as my teardown learning weapon.

Looking forward to the next few months and 3 weeks vacation in August. Just hope I can find some reasonably priced 5.56 in the near future

There's nothing wrong with getting a Sport II especially for a first AR. I was going to suggest looking for a deal on one but it didn't look like from your list that you would want that.

As far as what I put in bold in your post I quoted...I take that to mean you are going to change out the handguard to a free float Mlok rail and change out the front post sight/gas block to a low profile gas block.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're looking for a low profile gas block, look at the ones that have adjustable gas flow. You can dial down the amount of gas that is fed back to push the BCG back. This reduces recoil AND reduces the amount of debris that coats the bcg, making cleaning easier. Just my two cents. I got mine dialed down enough that the recoil is very light. When compared to my stock AR (older DPMS I inherited from my dad, which is now just a safe queen) its night and day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with adjustable gas blocks, great improvement. Some folks can't afford them and want a build on the cheap which was my poor boy suggestion to get a floating handguard on the rifle.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with getting a Sport II especially for a first AR. I was going to suggest looking for a deal on one but it didn't look like from your list that you would want that.

As far as what I put in bold in your post I quoted...I take that to mean you are going to change out the handguard to a free float Mlok rail and change out the front post sight/gas block to a low profile gas block.

I wasnt planning on buying a complete one but once I figured out my parts wouldnt be in soon enough, I just said screwit and bought the Sport II. I get to shoot today!

Yes plan is to swap out the gas block. Talking with Keith about it and he was saying that putting the mlock means removing the front site and putting the low pro on. He had one MLok and gas block in stock. I was thinking of doing it next month but might do it today.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the Sport II for a spin. Found some .223 REM at a Kings Ransom. Went to the range and ran 80rds through it. Had 2 light strikes and one unknown fail to fire. Looks like the firing pin didn't even hit the prime. All 3 issues came at beginning of 3rd mag so not sure if its mag issue, firing pin, BCG issue or simply a break in issue.

When my PSA upper comes in tomorrow, I might try swapping the uppers and BCG out. The PSA BCG hasn't shipped yet so that project is on hold told next month.

I'm definitely going to get another stock. Y'all were right about the stock lifting the headphones. Glad I had those rubber ear plugs in.

Definitely going to need a scope. Could barely see the plates at 100yds with iron sites. When I could see them and they weren't swinging in the wind, I hit them good. They definitely need new paint. All the paint been shot off them. Dark grey against dirt much harder to see.

BlackDeath

Marksman
Reaction score
Was it the same mag in the rotation? Did you take the bcg out and clean it? I bought a sport 2 as a first ar swapped out the stock and handguard for a drop in mlok and added a 3-9 scope on it. The front sight post won't be noticeable with the scope unless your running low rings or at a sub 3x power.

Truckdriver

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you take the bcg out and clean it? I bought a sport 2 as a first ar swapped out the handguard for a drop in mlok and added a 3-9 scope on it. The front sight post won't be noticeable with the scope unless your running a low rings or at a sub 3x power.
Yes. thats the first thing I did with it was clean and lube it. Used CLP and let it soak in for a few minutes. Cleaned and wiped it off then reapplied some CLP for lube.

What scope did you get? Ive been researching scopes and I see theres a Vortex 3-9 over at Lawton Academy. What kind of rings? i see individual rrings and mounts. I was thiking of getting that with mount if I can find one cheap enough

Latest posts

Top Bottom