Purse carry gun for the wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife carries a S&W 637 and complains it is to heavy, plus I can not get her to shoot the thing. I know she is going to decide it kicks to much even with the light loads I made for her but until I can get her to the range I can not convince her to trade it. She does not want a semi because of having to pull the slide so I am thinking a Tomcat or a 22 revolver.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CCW is a compromise, ease of carry versus ease of use at the range. What is a person who really isn't a gun guy most likely to carry, to have with them if bad things happen? Use not really a gun guy and not likely to ever be a gun guy as a base line.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a hammerless medium frame .357 loaded with .38+P’s.

Easy to shoot. Lt recoil. Purse friendly. If you have a misfire or some other malfunction, you just pull the trigger again.

It is my opinion, that without a lot of training, non-gun folks shouldn’t carry semi’s. Too many things can go wrong and if you aren’t well versed in how to handle those issues you could wind up deceased.

How many times have you seen videos where LE hit the mag release button and dumped a full mag onto the ground. Stove pipes. Failure to go into battery. There’s dozens of them. Knowing how to handle those things while someone is shooting at you and being able to stay in the fight could be the difference in going home or into a box.

My opinion. I’ve got an a**hole too. Everyone does.

YMMV

Latest posts

Top Bottom