Purse carry gun for the wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitfire

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife likes my Walther P22. Really light and small. But I think a PK380 would be a better EDC pistol. It still has a smaller grip size and lighter rack pressure similar to the 22. I carry a PPS 9mm. Much harder to rack for someone with weak hand strength. I like the fit and feel of the 380 but 9mm is as small a caliber I feel comfortable carrying. But then again even a 22 is better than nothing at all.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife’s passed on since 2017, but all during our 25 years together I got her to visit the range and practice fairly often for ten years or so. Tried out a Walther ppk/s .380, Browning High Power, then finally settled on a Taurus 445 .44 SPL snubby . Couldn’t ever get her to dress correctly for on body carry, pants, stout belt, cover garment. In her center console is where it stayed. Five rounds of .44SPL, soft recoil, only one moving part for her to deal with.

Last edited:

g54b16psi

Marksman
Reaction score
Looking for real-life ideas for a purse carry gun for my wife. She's been toting a S&W M&P 45 for a while, but she really hates practicing with it. Too loud, too much kick, too much everything.
She likes the 25s, possibly the 380 but she's still not excited about that. I'd like to put her on a Keltec 32 but haven't got my hands on one. What are your womenfolk carrying? What do they enjoy shooting? She's a small girl so not much muscle for pulling a heavy slide or fighting a good recoil.

View attachment 265829
Beretta 3032 Tomcat. It's DA/SA and has a tip up barrel. If she doesn't want to mess with racking a slide, you just tip up the barrel, put a round in the chamber and close it. Cock the hammer, and you're in business. The safety is very easy to manipulate. The gun is small, light, has a 7 round magazine capacity (plus one in the pipe) and is chambered in .32 ACP, more dependable for carry than a .22LR. Mine is the Covert (have it for my golf gun)...comes with a threaded barrel in case you want to hang a can on it. Metal and wood, too. Zero plastic. Good looking little gun.
Looking for real-life ideas for a purse carry gun for my wife. She's been toting a S&W M&P 45 for a while, but she really hates practicing with it. Too loud, too much kick, too much everything.
She likes the 25s, possibly the 380 but she's still not excited about that. I'd like to put her on a Keltec 32 but haven't got my hands on one. What are your womenfolk carrying? What do they enjoy shooting? She's a small girl so not much muscle for pulling a heavy slide or fighting a good recoil.

View attachment 265829

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 265829
I like a 380, more punch than a 22 or 25, and still small an d light to carry! I carry a Lady Smith .38. revolver. the .45 is just to heavy to be comfortable for me.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 265829
Smith mod 642 (I think that’s right) air wait 5 shout .38 with a shrouded hammer, can be fired from inside the purse,(not much of a jam)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 265829
Actually, my wife prefers the Kimber Stainless Target II in .45 acp at the range. She hates the 9mm Sig P938 she selected as a carry gun after a $300 dollar day renting guns at the OKC ranges for her to try once she started putting a lots of rounds down range.
The .45 is a push and the 938 is sharp. She wanted to use the Kimber during her CC carry class as she was more comfortable with it and wanted to not embarrass herself with that little 938 she chose.
I should have had her shoot the Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 mag with some of the mouse loads I give to people that want to shoot the pistol for the first time thinking a "magnum" is going to be rough.
They say "I shot a .44 mag and it wasn't bad!"
Put some of the flame thrower loads in there that I hunt with, and the comments would not have been so favorable, similar to your meme......

Latest posts

Top Bottom