Put on your high heels, guys - and no, not J. Edgar-style!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so we finally got the registration page up and running, we're taking donations and registrations for men to get out and walk in red high heels in support of women - marching against rape, dating violence, domestic violence, etc.

We are affiliated with the Walk A Mile In Her Shoes foundation, located here.

You can view more information about our organization in the previous thread I posted here.

We're taking official registration, and I hereby formally extend the challenge to our membership to stand up and step forward in support. I have committed to paying the registration fee and shoe rental for any and every member who wishes to come up to Bartlesville and participate!

The organization we've partnered with for registration is Crowdrise, and our registration page is here:

SAFE-NOW on Crowdrise

I have started a team for OSA members to both register for the walk and to donate if you choose to do so. If you want to register, I will send you the registration fee back out of my pocket either via PayPal or a cashier's check or something, just let me know how you'd prefer it.

The promo video is here on our website (www.oksafenow.org) as well as the Crowdrise page, and here:

I would encourage each and every one of you guys on the site to come out and march! We are striving to bring attention to this issue and fund our organization, which provides SANE forensic exams and support to victims of sexual assault, rape, domestic violence, child sexual abuse, etc.

Many people criticize others who claim to support a cause or back a certain stance, but don't really do anything personal to show that - this is our chance! Stand up in support of women and services for women everywhere who are victims of these horrible crimes! Help us raise awareness and continue to provide these services!

I'm putting my own money where my mouth is... if we get 10 OSA'ers out walking, I'll pay the $250 out of my pocket. If we get 100, I'll pay $2500.00! I'm not kidding! Help me get this done, and let's help make this event a success we can point to as proof that we (OSA, firearms enthusiasts, whatever) are REAL MEN, and we support a society that takes care of women.

I understand if you can't make the walk, so I'd also encourage you to donate if you can spare a few dollars, any amount helps, truly. Our nurses are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, for $1/hour. It's tough to keep things running and we lost 50% of our donated funding this year, forcing us to go out fundraising for the first time. It's a learning curve.

Also, please PLEASE share our video and Crowdrise page on social media! Twitter, Facebook and all the others, get the word out, share it with everyone!

Thanks to all of you, and I hope to see you ALL THERE! :D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention, other people will be forming groups to compete against each other to see who can register the most participants as well as raise the most money! You get yourself registered, then get your friends and family to donate in support of your walk. Other organizations around the country have used this method to raise funds successfully and we're hoping to be able to actually pay our nurses one day, as well as expand our services to the community. We have been doing education at the Vo-Tech for high schoolers (our next one is Monday!) as well as sponsoring free self-defense classes for women in the community. We hope to do even more, but we have to get our name out there and get some donations to be able to provide these services.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in. If I can't make it, I'll still make a donation and challenge everyone that has a daughter to do the same.
I'm proud to be part of OSA that has members that do things like this.
Cool dude TrioT

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just made a $50.00 donation via PayPal and I feel GOOD!
You can feel good too and help out this great cause. Just give what you can. These groups work so hard and there is so much work to do. Anything will help. Follow your heart.
Heck I'm going to try and walk in the darn thing and make another donation.
I've said it before, Very cool Tridiot. Very/very cool and glad to be a part of it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
High heels are unsafe to wear, cause injury, and a symbol of the misogynistic manner in which men have historically made women as sex symbols.

Which is EXACTLY why bright red high heels were chosen as a symbol - to let men have to endure the pain and discomfort of wearing them, thus experiencing in some small amount what women are expected by society to do.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Also, men that wear them are gay.

As for this... well... if you watched the video, there's not a one there that fits that definition or stereotype. ;)

But hey, thanks for playing! ;)

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for this... well... if you watched the video, there's not a one there that fits that definition or stereotype. ;)

But hey, thanks for playing! ;)

I think the guy wearing the nike beanie and sporting a longish beard kind of fits that definition or stereotype. Just my personal opinion.

Good thing you are doing though!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the guy wearing the nike beanie and sporting a longish beard kind of fits that definition or stereotype. Just my personal opinion.

Good thing you are doing though!

You think he looks gay? Like this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom