Put on your high heels, guys - and no, not J. Edgar-style!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know on this one, but perhaps various churches? (I'd say gun shops, but some might not like seeing ads for firearm related businesses when it is for a cause for women.) Also, if you are thinking auto dealerships, how about RV dealers?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, we are GOING to make it to some attorney's offices as well, and this morning we talked about a couple of Home Health places, too. Today our main goal was auto dealerships, as my wife thought having me, a guy, with her would help get in the door - especially using the "Dr." title. lol We met with a little more success after lunch, just got to share our info with a couple of people, hopefully some things will work out.

But yes, attorneys, banks and credit unions are on our list. Thanks.

<Edit> Couple of the larger real estate firms we think would be good people to hit up, as well. We've got a looooong ways to go, and only about 2 months to do it.
I talked to my Physical Therapist today (after they tried to kill me an hour ago) about participating in the event and they said no because of the fall issue. I may not participate in the walk but I'm going to do my best to come help.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife was approached this week by a teenage girl who said she was moved to break up with her boyfriend because of the teaching event we did at the Vo-Tech. She said when my wife was presenting and talking about the control issues and methods of manipulation used in dating then she realized her boyfriend exhibited a LOT of those issues. Things like keeping tabs on you, checking your phone for who you are texting, logging into your social media accounts with your password to check private messages, exhibiting control over who you can contact via social media, monopolization of your time and isolating you from friends and family, etc. She said her friends had warned her that he was not good for her and she just thought they were jealous because she was spending so much time with him, etc.

But when she came to our teaching session and heard my wife talking about all these things, she realized she was already being victimized, being set up for future and further abuse. She said she also opened her eyes and realized her boyfriend was a serial cheater and was using these things to control her as well, and she kept overlooking it because he made her feel like she didn't have any choices.

So... she broke up with him. And wanted to thank my wife and our organization for helping her realize what she is worth.

So many times in our line of work, we see the after effects - the child abuse, the rape victims, the women who have been trying to get out of an abusive home for years or even decades... but to hear the story of a single teenage girl whose life has been changed, who has already learned to break out of the cycle of abuse, is amazing! We're being PROactive, no longer just REactive! We love helping our clients get their lives back and move on, but even more incredible are the real, true stories of helping someone change their own outlook so they can prevent themselves from becoming a victim in the first place!

Thank you again to all of you who have shared our video and our story. I've not been so active on here lately, as I have been absolutely getting murdered at work, and I am a walking zombie as I type right now, but I've got a couple of days to hopefully recover before I go back to do it again. <sigh> The Zombie Flu Outbreak of 2018 is taking its toll.
confused.png
Please share our video again, link our Facebook, Tweet out a shout to @oksafenow or something. Just a quick little thing, we never know who is going to see it and have their life changed.

Thank you.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We made the rounds to some local businesses last week with promotional materials and tried to get in to talk to marketing people about corporate sponsorship - made absolutely zero headway. We can't make it past the gatekeepers. I don't know how people do this. I've never been able to ask people for money, and honestly, as I went through the motions a few times, I am much more comfortable making the "pitch", telling them what we do and what we are about - but all we got was no most of the time, or just couldn't get in to see anyone, or "I'll pass this along up the chain". It's pretty disheartening. But stories like the girl above keep me going.

Hopefully we'll gain some traction soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom