Putting some feelers out for a dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As many of you may know, we lost our beloved pet back in April. Here is a little background on that story.

In February 2020, my 16 year old daughter lost her black lab that I got for her when she was 5. A month later, COVID shut everything down. Shortly after that, with all the emotional stress, my daughter developed an eating disorder that led to other emotional struggles. I got Indy, our German Shepherd, for her in October. She was already partially trained as an emotional support animal. Then 6 months later, we lost her. This compounded my daughter’s emotional struggles and made her go backwards a bit.

My daughter, now 17, just said this weekend that she feels like she needs a puppy. Something that she can love and will love her back. Ideally, she would love a yellow or white lab, or a lab mix. But more importantly, she wants a dog that she feels a connection to., so she is open.

My ask of this group is, if you know of someone with puppies or a young dog that might fit our needs, please let me know. I personally prefer rescue dogs or a good pet that needs re-homed, but for my daughter, I’m not opposed to buying the right dog.

Thanks in advance!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked the local rescues? What part of the state are located in and I will check around. Just remind her there are all kinds of labs and they all have different personalities.

Labs.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are
Have you checked the local rescues? What part of the state are located in and I will check around. Just remind her there are all kinds of labs and they all have different personalities.

View attachment 206202
Just starting the search, but will be checking. Knowing how she felt about Indy, I didn’t push for her to get another dog. I figured that the timing was up to her heart, so I waited for her to come to me.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last 3 have come from All Paws rescue here in the Metro. Something about the bond with a rescue pup. My brown mutt thing is the most docile animal that's ever owned me. Bark once to go do her business, once to come back in. Rest of the time spent attempting to spoil her.

Puppies are great in all, but I like the ones that have settled down and like to love. Plus, as a rescue from a foster home, you have an idear of what they are like. Each has its own merits. My rescue Yorkie was a puppy barely winged. She's my angel man.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(This from my gf) Broken Arrow shelter has 27 mixed breeds dogs with a $30. fee this weekend. That includes spay/neuter, shots and first dose of flea and tick. There was a yellow Lab mixed breed on the broken arrow lost and found page that’s at the shelter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom