1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

PX4 Storm compact .40

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Tanis143, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Opinions wanted (on the pistol, not me. Not gonna open that can of worms lol). I held one today at academy and like the fit and feel. I was looking for a compact/subcompact 9mm that was DA/SA and found this instead.

And yes, I'm back. Been a very busy Sept/Oct for me. Went on a cruise, then spent the rest of Sept and most of Oct getting ready and working Oktoberfest here in Tulsa. Today was the first time I've gotten to hit the range since early Sept.

2. 65ny

65ny Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I used to own a PX4 compact in 9mm. It was a great handling and shooting gun. The barrel rotates when the gun cycles and it really softens the recoil. I dont believe the subcompacts use the same system, but the compacts are similar in size to a glock 19.

3. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Reviving an old thread to give an update on this pistol. I ended up getting a great deal on it thanks to another member (posted about it the "Anybody get anything cool" thread. I've had it now for little less than 3 weeks and have put 200 rounds through it and I'm really liking it. The recoil is less than my Taurus PT840 (which is saying something as it's a full size vs the compact size of the PX4) and almost on par with my sub-compact EC9s. Very easy to shoot, which is good as I have small hands (insert jokes here). Has not had any problems so far (shooting 165 grain FMJ WWB for range ammo). Accuracy is hard to tell as I'm still re-learning pistol control after not firing a pistol is darn near 30 years. But, when comparing it to my Taurus I'm a bit more accurate. And even though its smaller than my PT840 I'm only losing 3 rounds (12+1 vs 15+1). The only con is the reassembly, and its a very minor con. Unlike most semi-auto's with a floating barrel design, due to its rotating barrel it has a small cam attachment that can be a bugger at times to get seated. That again is mostly due to user inexperience.

All in all its a great pistol IMO, that I got for almost 100 off the local price thanks to Academy doing a price match. Once I find a holster that I'm comfortable with and train on drawing and firing (and my OHL finally comes in), this will be my EDC. Now I'm tempted to get the 9mm version as well.

4. xseler

xseler Sharpshooter

I've found that new pistols are kinda like rabbits...…….they tend to multiply rather quickly!

Tanis143 and dennishoddy like this.
  5. RustedBeef

RustedBeef Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Only thing I didn't like was the slide mounted safety because of it getting in the way when pulling the slide back. Plus they kinda stuck out the sides a lot.

Cool gun otherwise, specially in 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That is easily remedied with the low profile safety latches you can get Beretta and install yourself. Plus if you leave out one ball bearing it disables the safety and turns it into just a decocker. I don't have a problem with the stock ones as due to my small hands they make it easier for me to work the safety/decocker one handed.

7. Legend

Legend Marksman

Rating
    100%
    It would be neat then if they offered that option already done.

8. Old Phart

Old Phart Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Langdon Tactical also makes a Fugly Lever that is smaller than the stock version but has more of a ledge to get your thumb on than the stealth lever which many find too difficult to manipulate.

9. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The G model has the no safety feature, but still comes with the wingback levers. From what I've seen online its a pretty simple swap.