question about background checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why mess with a so-called bill of sale when it's not a legal requirement and DOESN"T MEAN SH-T!? Legal or otherwise.
The whole idea of a 'bill-of-sale- is simply to establish a paper trail in the event that the gun you sold was later used in and recovered from a crime [scene].
Sure, unless the sale is done with a lawyer present and everything is witnessed and notarized, it may not be fully considered legal, but when it comes to a jury trial it might just be enough saving 'evidence' to keep you out of prison.

Last edited:

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole idea of a 'bill-of-sale- is simply to establish a paper trail in the event that the gun you sold was later used in and recovered from a crime [scene].
Sure, unless the sale is done with a lawyer present and everything is witnessed and notarized, it may not be fully considered legal, but when it comes to a jury trial it might just be enough saving 'evidence' to keep you out of prison.

You didn't sell that gun, you just made up a piece of paper that makes it look like you sold it. And it won't be evidence, it will be hearsay.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope nope nope

Never done Bill of Sale, never given or asked personal info.
I have asked for proof of age or residency, but it is look and confirm, never recorded. Check Hotgunz, exchange $$$ and leave.

Never had a problem. When I get yellow / red flags. I pay attention and NO DEAL, Bye Felicia.
Yes, I have gotten bad vibes and ended transaction.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to "information," I learned something new today. I am not a mechanic and haven't done much of that in many years, but today, we went to get the work van an oil change. The place didn't have a new air filter and managed to tear up the one that was in the van by just pulling it out somehow. So, as they suggested, I went to O'Reilly's to buy an air filter.

Not that I know a lot about the engine in the van as this is the first time we have driven this one, so when the guy at the counter asked what engine, I couldn't help him. He told me to give him the license tag number and he could get that information on the engine.

It turned out that he still didn't have a filter, so I went to NAPA parts across the street and bought one.

Anyway, I think that there are way too many databases out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom