Question about drivers licenses and jury duty.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last experience with jury duty was about 15 or 16 years ago, in Moore. I was called, but was not chosen (impaneled?), so I was sent home.

Seven years ago, when I first moved to Edmond, I called the county clerk... to ask if I (or anyone, especially retirees) could volunteer to be placed on some type of 'availability' list for jury duty. The lady was fairly nice about it, but flatly denied the existence of any such 'list'... and she said that state law prohibited 'volunteers' for jury duty (although she didn't know why such a prohibition existed).

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again- what, just because someone said so?

Well hopefully I won’t ever be in that position in the first place but again, there’s plenty of people who would love and bend over backwards to do this “civic” duty so why you so negative about it?? Again, it’s not like there aren’t any people who don’t want to do it so ease up.

No one is saying you need to show up for jury duty, any more than you would need to show up to the draft board in world war 2.

Again- what, just because someone said so?

Well hopefully I won’t ever be in that position in the first place but again, there’s plenty of people who would love and bend over backwards to do this “civic” duty so why you so negative about it?? Again, it’s not like there aren’t any people who don’t want to do it so ease up.

**** man, why should i have to go to war? it's not like there's not plenty of suckers out there willing to defend their country. What do we need this whole country thing for anyway? what have my fellow citizens ever done for me? **** em.

yeah, real classy. hey, it's your life and i'm not the fuzz so whatever.

it's a pain in the ass, no one likes it. but it's necessary. it's not just a civic duty, it's a public service. the jury trial, a trial by your peers is the right of every American. I just hope that if i'm ever falsely accused of a crime, i get a jury with people who take this **** seriously. actually, it's probably for the better that you don't ever end up on a jury. I don't want you to be the last barrier of defense for my rights and liberty.

Anyway, my work pays me my wage while i'm in Jury duty, so might as well.

But that wasn't your question. Here's my answer;

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I would enjoy jury duty.

I would really love to excerise my rights at jury nullification for crazy laws I dont agree with!

I believe that all prospective jurors across America should receive mandatory jury nullification training!

Latest posts

Top Bottom