Question about Full Auto / 3 Round Burst

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's insane. A RR is much more valuable to me than a DIAS.

I wish I would have been into this stuff in the early '80s. I'd have built a crate full of DIAS and lived happily ever after.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were.

Like this guy? LOL

In March 2010, a search warrant executed by the FBI in Clayton, Michigan, revealed that a militia-type organization known as the “Hutaree” was stockpiling weapons and planning an attack on law enforcement officers. Among the weapons found during the Hutaree search warrant were AR-15 assault weapons that had been converted from semi-automatic capability to fully automatic capability with the use of a Drop-In Auto Sear (DIAS). A DIAS is a small metal device, composed of four parts, that is used in converting a semi-automatic firearm into a fully automatic firearm (commonly referred to as a machinegun). DIASs are strictly regulated by Congress and are considered machineguns for purposes of the federal firearms laws (including both the National Firearms Act, $#@!le 26, United States Code, Sections 5861 et. seq. and the Gun Control Act, $#@!le 18, United States Code, Chapter 44 ). At least one of the DIASs used by the Hutaree was from “SU-PRESS-ON,” a company in Detroit, Michigan, that is owned and operated exclusively by George Arthur Dodson, III.

Further investigation into Dodson and SU-PRESS-ON revealed that Dodson advertised his DIASs in a popular firearms magazine and sold the DIASs using the mail. In March 2011, Dodson sold a DIAS to an undercover law enforcement officer who filled out the order form found in the firearms magazine. Despite selling these DIASs, Dodson was not a licensed firearms dealer or licensed firearms manufacturer. In August 2011, agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (“ATF”) obtained and executed search warrants on Dodson’s apartment, storage lockers, and vehicle. During the execution of the search warrants, agents found DIASs, evidence that Dodson manufactured DIASs from his apartment, records related to Dodson’s sales of DIASs dating back several years, hundreds of legal firearms, approximately eight non-DIAS machineguns, and a silencer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom