Question about some older bullets/ projectiles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My father passed in May, and with everything that has been going on I just got away from the house to travel there to get his reloading stuff. When my wife and I went through all the stuff we found a box marked might be worth something, they don’t make these anymore. What we found was a box of Winchester 30 caliber 150 grains Silvertip bullets, then another box of Winchester 30 caliber (30-30) 150 grains Silvertip bullets. Also two boxes of Remington 30 caliber 150 grains Bronze point. Looking online I can’t seem to verify that these are worth more than any other projectiles on the market right now. If anyone has any information or place that may know that would be greatly appreciated.

Also with acquiring all this reloading stuff, my wife and I are about to dive into the reloading world feet first, so any help with this would also be great. Have a great upcoming weekend and Merry Christmas. Stay safe out there.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I could find. Basically the last prices they were sold at it appears.

upload_2020-12-17_11-4-36.png

upload_2020-12-17_11-5-33.png

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, the Silver Tip bullets he has are Winchester. It sounds like maybe he found a box of bullets for reloading and a box of loaded Winchester .30-30 ammo. I, too, have a box or two of old Winchester Silver Tips. I haven't tried to find a value for them or loaded any of them. I've just hung on to them. Once upon a time, I know the old original Winchester Silver Tips were sought after, but I have no idea of their value.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes, all the items I listed are just projectiles, not full loaded rounds. I looked and couldn't really find anything that made them more valuable than others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My father passed in May, and with everything that has been going on I just got away from the house to travel there to get his reloading stuff. When my wife and I went through all the stuff we found a box marked might be worth something, they don’t make these anymore. What we found was a box of Winchester 30 caliber 150 grains Silvertip bullets, then another box of Winchester 30 caliber (30-30) 150 grains Silvertip bullets. Also two boxes of Remington 30 caliber 150 grains Bronze point. Looking online I can’t seem to verify that these are worth more than any other projectiles on the market right now. If anyone has any information or place that may know that would be greatly appreciated.

Also with acquiring all this reloading stuff, my wife and I are about to dive into the reloading world feet first, so any help with this would also be great. Have a great upcoming weekend and Merry Christmas. Stay safe out there.

Let me fix this, 1 box, Winchester Silver Tip 170 grains 30 caliber (30-30), one box 1 box, Winchester Silver Tip 150 grains 30 caliber (308), 3 boxes of the Remington Bronze point 150 grain (308). Sorry about that. Pictures to follow.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures.

Yeah, what you have there are the old, original Winchester Silver Tip bullets although not in their original packaging. There is a modern "silver tip," but they are not a Silver Tip at all. Several years ago, I saw some of the originals selling for a dollar to $1.50 per bullet but I have no idea of their current value. AND, I cannot find the ones I had that were still in the original box. I don't think I let someone talk me out of them. I hope not!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watching this with interest. I have some boxes of loaded .30-06 Silvertips and .270 Bronze points in their original packaging as well as several partial boxes of old projectiles. Would like to visit with a collector.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some Winchester. Good shooting bullets. I posted them on ebay and GunBroker, some time back. I haven't found any premium over other bullets. Will most likely, have them shot up, in a year or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom