Question about Tulsa Defensive Shooting Academy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good things about TDSA but even more than that, I was in 2A when a guy came in wanting to pawn his xd 9 (wanted 450 or 500) to pay some dr bills (cancer treatment) marshall handed him 600 and a card to reach him if he wanted the gun back.That told me everything about his character.

Jeff Hughes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marshall seems like a good guy. He's getting totally screwed from a range standpoint. Rogers County shut him down, and it appears Tulsa County is doing the same.

I'm sure he is teaching someplace, probably 2A, but that would be private lessons only.

USSA has a similar handgun class coming up, I'm not sure who is teaching it, but that will be a winner too...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done urban rifle 1 and ACP 1 with TDSA scheduled for UR2 last fall but circumstances prevented it. Will be there this spring. Like wysoki says great training great instructors you learn something and improve in any class you take from them.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of their pistol courses is definitely on my short list, I hope that zoning mess that some of you guys mentioned doesn't cause too much trouble. I'm thinking I'll try to find some basic instruction here in the metro area, then I'll pass on the Fundamentals of Marksmanship & when TDSA gets their summer schedule up I may see if I can make the Advanced Combat Pistol I.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you plan on taking any class with TDSA, I recommend AP1. That's the bread and butter of TDSA and it'll improve your shooting dramatically. Everyone from grandma's to professional shooters take the class and improve. I've taken it 3 times and have learned something AND improved each time I've taken it and this is coming from a CLEET firearms instructor. They know their stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom