Question for recent buyers of Hornady L-N-L AP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Getting ready to pull the triger on one of these but I have a few questions for anyone that has recently gotten one.

How many bushings does it come with? I've seen ads/descriptions on different sights that some list 3 bushings and some list 5.

Does the powder die have case mouth expansion or is a sperate part needed for that? I load cast.

How many primer pickup tubes does it come with?

Thanks

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RKL,

The powder through expanders are a separate part.
I've got them for .45 and 9mm. I've not been able to get enough flare for cast. But then I'm picky and don't want ANY shaving. They work great for jacketed though and you can use the powder cop die with them.

I can't remember how many bushings my press came with, but you can buy them in 10 packs pretty reasonable.

Primer tube? I think you are only going to get one of each size. I haven't had a problem with that except for the one I broke. Can't remember what I did, but I left it where I shouldn't have and the plastic piece on the end got crunched somehow. Just a bone headed move on my part.

I highly recommend the ez-ject setup. It will allow you to use whatever crimp die you want in that 5th station. I'm currently using a Lee FC die for my .223 and it works fantastic. I got he Hornady taper crimp dies for 9mm and .45. They work great too.

One thing I have yet to do is get the Dillon universal low primer alarm for it. I hear that they will go right on and work great. For about 30 bucks it sounds like something one needs.

Hope this helps.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I load all kinds of home cast bullets on my LNL and I have no problems in 45,44,40,38spec., and 38 super. The 9mm expander does not do very well so I use the .357 expander and adjust the drop to work for the short 9mm cases. These expanders are extra, I don't remember how much they are.

My press came with 5 bushings, and one each small/large pickup tubes.

I "think" (can't be sure) all the new presses have the EZject system. The old system can take some fiddling to work 100% with 9mm and 223.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting ready to pull the triger on one of these but I have a few questions for anyone that has recently gotten one.

How many bushings does it come with? I've seen ads/descriptions on different sights that some list 3 bushings and some list 5.

Does the powder die have case mouth expansion or is a sperate part needed for that? I load cast.

How many primer pickup tubes does it come with?

Thanks

What Larry the turret press is going progressive........oh the tragedy.:pms2:
Is hell freezing over?:pms2:
Enjoy buddy!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why I do declare, it looks like a mod's been up to no good in this thread. :grumble:

Hey Larry, since you are not going to be needing those 1000 jacketed bullets, I call dibs on them. :rollingla

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My LNL came with 5, and two primer tubes. If you load .45acp make sure you get the newest literature before ordering the shell plate. I used older info and got one that was listed for the .45acp, but it didn't kick out the loaded shell very well. The new info liste the correct shell plate. That 1000 round pac of 230 gr HP's looks really good on the loading shelf:D

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
What Larry the turret press is going progressive........oh the tragedy.:pms2:
Is hell freezing over?:pms2:
Enjoy buddy!

Not gonna give up the turret but a progressive is being considered due to the joint problems I live with. Less repetitive action = less problems with repetative stress injury issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom