Question for recent buyers of Hornady L-N-L AP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sense?

Yep, but then it robs me of a station... Well, I guess it'd be okay to skip the powder cop for now until I get the Hornady Powder Through that I'm gonna need...

As far as cleaner goes... How about using some CLP Break Free? Will it leave too much residue for powder to stick to?

Thanks for your help, man. :cool:

ninefan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A great gun/general purpose cleaner that is non-toxic is Hoppes Elite gun cleaner. It is the same as M-Pro7 gun cleaner. You can usually find the Hoppes version at Wal-Mart in the sporting goods area.

It works great at cleaning stuff up, and shouldn't do any harm to you through skin absorption, etc (being non-toxic and all). I haven't found it to harm the finish on anything (including plastics) either.

Don't use the CLP version of Break-Free for sure. It will leave a teflon-like coating on everything it touches. They do have a non-CLP version called Break-Free Powder Blast, which is good, but I am not convinced that it is much different than regular brake cleaner.

If you need a non-residue lubricant (for the powder measure drum, etc) I suppose you could use some kind of graphite lubricant that dries completely. I am a big fan of Eezox for that purpose (and for preventing rust in general). I order it from Midway - I don't think you can find it locally anywhere.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bass Pro sells the "One Shot" which is a dry lube/cleaner.
I've read that Hornady recommended alcohol down the powder drop but to avoid the plastic tube.
Walmart sells that liquid wrench dry lube which should work.

Okay...So, I've got my press and am trying to get it up and running.
In the absence of "Hornady One Shot," what can I use to clean the shipping grease out of my powder measure?

Question number two: Apparently, I am not going to be able to use my Lee Powder Through Expander Die with the Hornady Powder Measure, is that right?

As it stands, I am really impressed with this thing. I can tell it is quality equipment even though I'm having a little trouble and haven't loaded a round yet. :D

Madpap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to the forum. Had a LNL for about three weeks now, love it. Look at the powder funnel from Powderfunnels.com. Expands anything from .30 to .50 caliber and won't crush brass like the Hornady is famous for. Its $25.00 and one is all you need. You can get any amount of belling you want. :thumbup3:

jcbarlow

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just squished out some 9mm ammo for the first time on my LnL ap and I must say that this press is freakin awesome. I am really impressed, makes the whole reloading process even more enjoyable :thumb:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very happy with mine. I'm hoping to get the case feeder later this year.
I've only run 1000 rounds of .45 acp through mine so far but no problems with that. Next step .223 rem.

Same here. I've loaded a ton of .45ACp, and need to switch to the .223, and the .243WSSM.
I'm thinking about the case feeder as well just to eliminate one more step.

The only thing I found out, is that I have to lay out exactly 100 rounds, as thats all the primer tube will hold. There is no way to tell when you run out of primers without setting out 100 bullets, or 100 brass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom