question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you believe if a person ends their own life that precludes you from going to Heaven? in cases where people have intense suffering I wonder if God would hold it against them
No I don't believe God would hold it against them. I watched my mother suffer. She was in pain constantly. Sick. Couldn't eat. Could barely drink. She died in her sleep. But I don't believe God would have blamed her of she decided to speed things up.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saddlebum,
We've never meet, but I've read plenty from you over the years.
I send my prayers.

1) Not sure if it applies, but if there's any life insurance policies involved - there may be a clause to consider.
2) After someone commits suicide, the remaining family members are 7x more likely to commit suicide also.

I only send prayers.
...I hold no judgement.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record I'm not at the point of hospice or suicide yet,,,,But it's coming barring a miracle , my family is pushing me to do radiation although I maybe past the point of it helping and the side effects are a nightmare. I'll hang in as long as I can I still have hope
My Dad took the radiation when he was first diagnosed with cancer, and he told me multiple times that if he had it to do over he wouldn’t have taken it. His was bone cancer in his jaw, and the radiation burned him up and killed his taste buds. The radiation did supposedly get rid of the cancer, but the doctors still only gave him a 15% chance of making it 5 years. His cancer came back after 18 month, and he declined chemo at that point because the oncologist assured him it was going to make him sick. He lived a little over 3 months after the second diagnosis, but in that time, I was able to take him back up to our place in Oklahoma to see it and friends and family one more time. It‘s a trip I’ll never forget.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kendall, you have not been far from my thoughts -- ever since you shared your diagnosis with us here. You have been and will remain in my prayers for as long as it takes.

I will never understand why God will let a man like you suffer ... And let men like Hunter Biden have a free hall pass to do whatever. There is much in this world I do not understand but you have my affection and admiration. I can't really say that to too many men I've met. Take each day at a time and remember to stop and enjoy what you can when you can. You have my number if you need ANYTHING. Don't hesitate to share it with family so they can do your talking for you, if need be. Love ya sweetie. 😘

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I’ll add is that a friend of my parents (a Christian doctor) recommended marijuana for pain management. This was before my Dad went on hospice. With it not being legal in TX, my parents wouldn’t even consider it, but with a pot store on every corner, that would sure be an option for someone with cancer in Oklahoma. :anyone:

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I’ll add is that a friend of my parents (a Christian doctor) recommended marijuana for pain management. This was before my Dad went on hospice. With it not being legal in TX, my parents wouldn’t even consider it, but with a pot store on every corner, that would sure be an option for someone with cancer in Oklahoma. :anyone:
well I still have to work as much as possible to at least keep my insurance coverage, so can't put that at risk. fortunately I have a bunch of inmate students that help me as much as they can ( they ain't all bad guys) I mostly sit in a chair and watch my tutors (also inmates) run them through lessons I designed before my illness

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does your family think? My Mom looked at chemo and it would not save her. Her choice was to live every day given and be there for others. She passed peacefully. I will take the same Route if statistics hold and I go down the same path.

I feel for you. I see my FIL slowly pass in deep pain from the scourges of agent orange. Opiates do not touch the pain and he has got to where he is slowly starving as he can no longer process food. It is being there for his family which keeps him going.

none of us truly know your pain. Your Family cares. We all have family and friends who care, you do as well.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record I'm not at the point of hospice or suicide yet,,,,But it's coming barring a miracle , my family is pushing me to do radiation although I maybe past the point of it helping and the side effects are a nightmare. I'll hang in as long as I can I still have hope
The doctors finally told my mother that there were no more treatments. Nothing they could do was going to help. In fact, anything they did would just make her sicker. If you have some treatment options left explore them for your families sake. There may come a time when they say hope is lost. But until then fight. It may seem futile, but for your family sake it is worth the effort. The reality is that my mother was finally so sick, weak, the treatments weren’t doing her any good. She, along with the doctors made the decision that it was time to go to hospice care. It wasn’t long after that until we were saying goodbye. Fight man. Fight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom