question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe if a person ends their own life that precludes you from going to Heaven? in cases where people have intense suffering I wonder if God would hold it against them

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know. I do know that as believers in HIM he tells us he will never give us more than we can handle. I also know that when things get to be overwhelming that is when we need to lean into HIM even more. I also know that Jesus died for all of our sins, past, present, and future.
If you would like to get together and talk I am available. I will also be praying that you find peace and comfort during this difficult time.
I will PM you my number. Feel free to call or text anytime.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe if a person ends their own life that precludes you from going to Heaven? in cases where people have intense suffering I wonder if God would hold it against them
First, talk to people. It may or may not be a sin, but it sure leaves quite a hardship for the loved ones left behind.

I think it would depend on the situation. Was the act selfish or selfless? Also, if one act out of millions in our lives dictates our fate… we are all screwed.

My ultimate answer, I don’t know, good question, I’ve also wondered the same thing.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really, really hesitate to get involved here, and I'm not going to debate it, but...

Both the Catholic and Jewish faith (notice: both are not "Christ believers") teach that your body does not belong to you. It belongs to God.

The Catholics go one step further, and teach that your life is not yours to start or end. It belongs to God. Hench the Catholic teaching that suicide is a Mortal Sin, stopping one from achieving Heaven.

The only thing you own is your free will.

"He made them in His image."

Which is translated by both religions to signify that your body is something holy. Hence the Jewish proscription against tattoos.

I have never prescribed to either view, but that's probably one of the many, many reasons why I'm an adherent to neither religion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom