question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Number one: Are you ok? Is someone close to you having issues? There is help available, people do car. Bad times do improve!

Suicide is a permanent solution to what is most usually a temporary situation. It hurts everyone around you.

Human life is precious. We are taught to preserve as best able. Do not kill. Treat your neighbor as you would yourself.

God knows. Sometimes the suffering is what cleanses us. We are not given more than we can bear. We do to ourselves more than we need do.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you in hospice?

My previous wife had terminal cancer and her plan A was to go out in the country, walk into a field and shoot herself in the head when the pain got too bad.
Then we found hospice and that was a God send.
She was a bit crazy on the pain meds they put her on, but I highly recommend it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would consider that a general truth, not absolute truth.
Yeah, that's a legit answer I'd say.

Generally, if you do all the crap we tell you, have faith, be virtuous, raise your kids right.....generally they'll be fine when they get old. Unless they decide to eat a bullet.

I can state this to the OP:

Suicide devastates those left behind. Period. There is no end to the pain that a suicide causes. The best hope is that the suicide did indeed end the pain of the deceased.

But - according to some superstitions, one is rewarded for ending their time of suffering by being cast into a lake of fire. Thank you Jesus.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
….

Both the Catholic and Jewish faith (notice: both are not "Christ believers") teach that your body does not belong to you. It belongs to God.

….
I will actually disagree with you. Jesus was known to the Jews of his day as a Rabbi, a Teacher. Jesus established the Church on Earth through Paul. The Seat is handed down through threes (Apostolic Succession). All forms of The Catholic Church can trace directly back to Paul. Yes, there is more than just Roman. To Muslims Christ is one of the Great Prophets. There are so many denominations, breakouts, offshoots of “The Greater Christianity” now so much gets blurred. Read The Nicene Creed. But know there are several versions of the creed. See where I am going?

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a legit answer I'd say.

Generally, if you do all the crap we tell you, have faith, be virtuous, raise your kids right.....generally they'll be fine when they get old. Unless they decide to eat a bullet.

I can state this to the OP:

Suicide devastates those left behind. Period. There is no end to the pain that a suicide causes. The best hope is that the suicide did indeed end the pain of the deceased.

But - according to some superstitions, one is rewarded for ending their time of suffering by being cast into a lake of fire. Thank you Jesus.
I’m very sorry to read what you and your family have been through.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you in hospice?

My previous wife had terminal cancer and her plan A was to go out in the country, walk into a field and shoot herself in the head when the pain got too bad.
Then we found hospice and that was a God send.
She was a bit crazy on the pain meds they put her on, but I highly recommend it.

Agree 100%.

Hospice isn’t “treatment” at least for the disease. It is however treatment for the patient and family.

The times I’ve been around someone in hospice, it made things better. At least as much better as was possible given the circumstances.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like what was stated if you do go this path get with your loved ones and discuss it with them so they are not devastated by it.

My neighbors son who lived with them shot himself in the head in the bath tub last year.
Girlfriend left him.
They are not over it at all.
Last month my daughters sister from another mother killed herself.
Her husband left her both of these people were under 25 years old.

Hurts a lot of people and people around them think it is their fault because they may have been able to do something to help so they feel like the let the murder happen. Almost like they did the killing.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I BELIEVE the answer is no. Those who have accepted salvation will enter the Kingdom.

If you are considering, please reach out. Talk to FAMILY, friends, counselor, pastor, holiness, ANYBODY, but TALK.

Suicide is a permanent decision to a temporary problem leaving devastation behind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom