question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you believe if a person ends their own life that precludes you from going to Heaven? in cases where people have intense suffering I wonder if God would hold it against them

People always talk about God being our Father. If He is -- and I'm not saying He is not -- then how could a father EVER not forgive a child, no matter what the "indiscretion" is?? My definition of a father -- or mother, for that matter -- is someone who is ALWAYS there for you, no matter how "bad" the "sin" ...

So, nope. I can't see my God holding anything against a "child" who ends their own suffering. And ESPECIALLY when the end result is gonna be moving on to the next leg of this journey anyway. In my opinion we treat our pets with more compassion and understanding than we do our fellow man when it comes to this particular stage of life ...

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned a great line from the movie "Risen". Yeshua asked Clavious what he fears. Clavious responded, "Being wrong - and wagering eternity on it." Yeshua replied, "Well then; know Him."

Know Him then decide for yourself.

Wood

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My BIL is a home hospice caregiver and I have had a few relatives end up in home hospice care, I cannot recommend it enough if your MD will prescribe it. The people I have known in that career are by far the most Jesus-like individuals I have ever met.

I went back and read your last thread again and my heart aches knowing the struggle you and your family are battling right now. Any suggestions or advice I may have from my own battles with those thoughts dont really apply since they are strictly depression driven and not health related. I will say that I have never felt more at peace than after having candid discussions with my wife about the thoughts. I think she deserves to know as many of the dark corners of my psyche as she is willing to explore and it gives me a jolt back to the reality that my family needs me and my presence. They are better with me here and that deserves my efforts to battle thoughts that try to convince me otherwise.

It is difficult to negotiate the line between feeling like it is just attention seeking and appreciating there is only so much burden we can carry alone before it starts running off onto those we love as well. I can say with certainty, knowing the quality of people this forum has drawn, that you are a worthwhile enough human that your family WANTS to do this with you. They WANT to help you shoulder your burdens and they WANT to be in your company for as long as possible.

I hope you can find some solace and reassurance in the replies you get here. I know it seems very impersonal via forum, but we all care for our fellow humans, Americans, and enthusiasts. I hope you can receive our contributions in the heartfelt and genuine intent with which they are shared.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you in hospice?

My previous wife had terminal cancer and her plan A was to go out in the country, walk into a field and shoot herself in the head when the pain got too bad.
Then we found hospice and that was a God send.
She was a bit crazy on the pain meds they put her on, but I highly recommend it.
My wife is a hospice RN. I can tell you hospice and their staff are as close to angels on earth as I've seen.

If you want to talk or get more info on hospice message me.

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really, really hesitate to get involved here, and I'm not going to debate it, but...

Both the Catholic and Jewish faith (notice: both are not "Christ believers") teach that your body does not belong to you. It belongs to God.

The Catholics go one step further, and teach that your life is not yours to start or end. It belongs to God. Hench the Catholic teaching that suicide is a Mortal Sin, stopping one from achieving Heaven.

The only thing you own is your free will.

"He made them in His image."

Which is translated by both religions to signify that your body is something holy. Hence the Jewish proscription against tattoos.

I have never prescribed to either view, but that's probably one of the many, many reasons why I'm an adherent to neither religion.
I didn't know that Catholics didn't beleive in Christ, If that is true? Why do they have Crucifix's with Christ on them in their churches? I don't know, much but common scense tells me, spreading HATE by critizing other denominations, is not the message Christ was here to teach!! WAS IT? Spreading HATE is a Democratic Politician Tactic, and we all know they won't be any Democratic Politicians in Heaven, WILL THEY?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
People that are out to mislead other people, no matter the reason, will use ANYTHING that will work to accomplish that goal, right? I suspect RELIGION is at the top of the list, of things that can be used to take advatage of people. Crooked P{oliticians use FEAR, GREED, and INVY, to fool people! I heard a guy on TV once that spoke ancient Hebrew, and according to him, the languge the Ten Commandments were written in! He said that during a translation the fourth Commandment " Thou shall not TAKE the Lord Gods name in vain!" was mistranslated, and should have read, USE the Lord God's name on vain! To me this seems more logical, and would mean using the Lord God's name to mislead people! I for one believe God gave us the common scense to question things that make no sense, to us, and the intelegence to check out PHONY LEADERS, WHERE THEY BE RELIGIOUS, OR POLITICAL, AND MAKE OUR OWN DECISIONS BASED ON FACT! JUST LOOK AT ALL THE POOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN FOOLED, AND EVEN KILLED THEMSELVES, OVER BEING MISLEAD BY CROOKED PREACHERS AND POLITICIANS! I suspect there is a special place in Hell for people lkike this!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
John 3:16 says all we need to know about going to heaven or hell. Those who don’t believe in either better hope they’re right. I have been lower than low and planned out my own suicide down to writing the letters and making the necessary financial arrangements. God had a different plan for me and it took me a while to accept that. I still struggle sometimes but realize it’s not up to me to choose when and how I die. It’s up to me to choose how I live. That being said, no way would I want to live thru the long road of a disease I knew was going to kill me anyway. A coward? Probably. Only the person going thru that can decide.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@saddlebum

Sir, you have a value to those that love you, regardless of your condition or your expected longevity. At the very least speak to them. Your mind isn't made up or you wouldn't have posted here among friends asking the questions you've asked. Please consider talking with those that love you and are closest to you to see what impact your actions might have on them before you do something that can not be undone.

You've got a lot of intestinal fortitude or you would not have chosen the path you initially chose. Hold your nerve. More than that hold your loved ones, and cling on to them, for every minute the Lord provides for you on this Earth. None of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

Hang in there.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A guy asked me the same question many years ago telling me his brother committed suicide.
This is how I answered him:
Was your brother a Christian? Yes
Do you think he was in his right mind when he ended his life? No
Was he in his right mind when he committed suicide? No
Do you think God knew him and that his mental situation was grave? Yes
We’ll, if God knew all this and he was a Christian don’t you think God in all his mercy would still accept him as his own? Yes
He was then content feeling that his brother was in Heaven, however God is sovereign and will do as he will do.
Saddlebum, I honestly hope that no one in your family are involved and your question is mostly curiosity. If it isn’t, perhaps we shpuld all pray for you and request that you speak to a minister of the gospel that you trust-and there are some who would speak to you in the dark of night getting out of bed. May God bless you and give you peace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom