question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I was in severe pain and absolutely no chance of recovery to a somewhat normal life I would talk to my family, get my affairs in order, and then commit suicide. I believe I would still go to heaven and my family would be relieved from seeing me suffer to an inevitable end.

But the ones left behind are not relieved. I wasn't relieved when my mother ended her life. As a matter of fact, 4 years later, and I'm still pissed at her. We needed her around to help us through the loss of our father, who was knocking on death's door with cancer.

Maybe that's kinda selfish, but losing them both at the same time (10 days spart from each other) was a terrible blow to my family.

Suicide is NEVER the answer.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of things in life can be very hard, but take comfort in that He knows our troubles and our suffering, and they are important to Him. One thing that I think is a common problem to a fallen mankind is to be in our own heads too much. We need to understand and accept our place in His creation to the best of our abilities. There are always those questions that we want the answers to that are outside of our grasp, but trusting Him is inside our grasp. Walking with Him is inside our grasp. Focusing our mind (Philippians 4:8) would be a wise thing to do in all circumstances. I am praying for relief and strength for you brother! Jesus words to a church in Revelation that was struggling were to hold firm!

Suicide is so hurtful; fight hard to let the Lord take you when He chooses.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some years back, I attended the funeral of a friend who battled leukemia for 10 years. The pastor conducting the service said something that really stuck with me. It has brought several people some comfort after losing a loved one. He said “We will be with Roger far, far longer than we will be without him. God promised.” Obviously this is a message for believers. Salvation is only possible through faith only, in Christ only and is a gift from God to believers that cannot be earned by any works on earth. True believers can never be separated from the love of God, no matter what.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are born again into the family of God by accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior nothing you do will keep you from Heaven. This doesn't mean we are free from chastisement in this life when we anger God, there are many examples in the Bible.

If you refuse to accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ nothing you do will get you into Heaven.

It's not complicated.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you refuse to accept the gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ nothing you do will get you into Heaven.
Not me, but the Bible states that once you accept Christ you are sealed unto the day of redemption. Sealed means once the wax on the document is affixed and is “stamped” with a the ruler’s ring, no man can break that seal on pain of death.
However based on personal experience, merely saying, I believe or the “sinners prayer” (which there isn’t one) will not save anyone alone. The Holy Spirit has to be involved and if he isn’t, it’s an exercise in futility.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not me, but the Bible states that once you accept Christ you are sealed unto the day of redemption. Sealed means once the wax on the document is affixed and is “stamped” with a the ruler’s ring, no man can break that seal on pain of death.
However based on personal experience, merely saying, I believe or the “sinners prayer” (which there isn’t one) will not save anyone alone. The Holy Spirit has to be involved and if he isn’t, it’s an exercise in futility.
Only God knows a persons heart. If we have accepted the gift of Salvation we can be sure of an eternity with God, John 10:28, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." The Holy Spirit will trouble each of us with the opportunity to accept or reject Salvation through Jesus Christ, Revelation 3:20 "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." The knock on the door will only last for a time, Romans 1:28 "And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;"

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you believe if a person ends their own life that precludes you from going to Heaven? in cases where people have intense suffering I wonder if God would hold it against them

About 11 years ago, you were the very first person I met from OSA. We met at Academy off i240 for a Glock, and ended up talking for about 30 minutes or so. I don’t know you well, but I know you’re a good man. My point in bringing that up is that I still remember you many years later and you had an impact with the information and life advice you shared with me as a young man in such a brief exchange, so chances are, there are many others out there you have impacted as well. Your life has worth.

Suffering is something personal, and only you know how you feel and what you’re going through. It’s hard to understand that there may be other options when you’re going through things, or especially just starting down the path of something that will be long tracked as I think I remember you mentioned a diagnosis a while ago. But I want to tell you that there are options, and each day feels differently.

Call 988, or Chat with them.

At the very least give it a try.

If there’s nothing they or anyone else can do, ultimately I do not think you will go to hell if your earthly suffering is too much for you to handle. But I don’t want you to find comfort in that as myself or anyone else condoning it, I just also don’t want you to fear hell or any other damnation.

I hope you hang in there and can see that every new day brings something new, some ups and some downs, but always new and you will miss out on those good days and those new days if you cut them short.

There are 10 states where physician assisted suicide is legal, and if that’s an option you’re considering on your own and nothing can sway your mind, please at least look into doing it as safely and humanely as possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom