question for the Christ believers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God said he would never give you more than you could handle, So that should be your answer. Taking your life would be saying that God was wrong and he gave you more than you could handle.
I beg to differ Sir with all due respect, nowhere in the Bible does it says that God will never give you more than you can handle. He wants you "TO" turn to him in times of need, that is everywhere in the bible. He will allow what it takes to get you to turn to him.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably a reference to 1 Cor 10:13:

13 No temptation has overtaken you except something common to mankind; and God is faithful, [a]so He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

Stay strong and hold on.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope that you are doing good today. You have asked a serious question about your eternal destination. There have been many beliefs that have been posted and you can see they very. That being said the question to ask is "what does the bible say?" There is only one unforgivable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
There is only one thing that precludes a person from going to Heaven and that is not being born again. I will list some passages that will help you answer if you have been or not. Some passages that have already been stated have been taken out of context. I suggest that you look these up and read them for yourself. When you do remember that the Scripture is not open to personal interpretation.

John 3:3-8 ...Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God

Here is what being born again looks like.

Matthew 7:21-23 ...he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Do you?
John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they follow Me. Do you follow?
Romans 10:9-10 ...with the heart one believes unto righteousness... Right living according to Scripture.
2 Thessalonians 1:3-12 ...taking vengeance on those who do not obey the Gospel. Do you?
1 John 5:1-5 Loving God is shown by keeping His commandments. Do you keep His commandments?
2 John 1:9-11 ...abides in the doctrine of Christ. Do you abide in the Scriptures?

Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together. Do you go to church?

If you have been born again here are some benefits

1 Corinthians 10:13 is about temptation not about what you can handle in life.
2 Corinthians 1:8-11 God will give you more than you can handle
However, you can handle anything through His power when your trust is in Him.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed is the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our....

I fail at these most every day in some way. When a born-again Christian fails we do not stay in the failure but confess that sin and get right back to following.

Do I have personal experience? Yes, I was my dad's caretaker and lost him in 2019 to cancer. God was glorified in how my dad faced cancer and his death.

If you are born again then God will give you the strength to handle cancer in a way that will glorify His name.

Last edited:

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I understand it wasn't a factor in the decision process until Life Insurance was offered for sale, at that point things changed.

Hopefully all is well with whoever asks this question and while I have many friends who get very frustrated when they hear of another person taking their own lives I rarely share what suicide has done to my family and friends. Christmas Day 1978 I woke up to my father speaking on the phone with my Grandmother as she wept for my Grandfather who couldn't handle the pain and/or treatment for advanced Prostate Cancer. My parents didn't know how to break it to us so for years we lived with a story that was completely fabricated, we didn't live anywhere close to a family member as my dad served in the Navy and we lived in California at the time.

It wasn't until I was in the Navy on my own that my mother decided to spill the beans on what went down, it was understandable as he was having a very hard time, didn't have the financial means to continue much longer and really was just done with his own life. He made a decision and we all lived with it.

I don't share this to sway, encourage or demean anyone that has travelled that path and contemplates the road to no return. It has to be something none of us can fathom, and I hope that no one ever has to live with that news but I do know that it will continue to happen, for every birth into this world there is someone out there ready to go to the next big gun swap meet in the sky. Celebrate with all of your close family and friends and be there for them when things get ugly.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[3] Jesus answered, and said to him: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
[4] Nicodemus saith to him: How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter a second time into his mother's womb, and be born again?
[5] Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Jesus clarified to Nicodemus that by "born again", he was referring to Baptism.

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God said he would never give you more than you could handle, So that should be your answer. Taking your life would be saying that God was wrong and he gave you more than you could handle.

Did you know that the bible never says that God doesn't give us more than we can handle? This comes from an incorrect interpretation of 1 Corinthians 10:13.

Wannabe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope that you are doing good today. You have asked a serious question about your eternal destination. There have been many beliefs that have been posted and you can see they very. That being said the question to ask is "what does the bible say?" There is only one unforgivable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.
There is only one thing that precludes a person from going to Heaven and that is not being born again. I will list some passages that will help you answer if you have been or not. Some passages that have already been stated have been taken out of context. I suggest that you look these up and read them for yourself. When you do remember that the Scripture is not open to personal interpretation.

Matthew 7:21-23 ...he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. Do you?
John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice and I know them, and they follow Me. Do you follow?
Romans 10:9-10 ...with the heart one believes unto righteousness... Right living according to Scripture.
2 Thessalonians 1:3-12 ...taking vengeance on those who do not obey the Gospel. Do you?
1 John 5:1-5 Loving God is shown by keeping His commandments. Do you keep His commandments?
2 John 1:9-11 ...abides in the doctrine of Christ. Do you abide in the Scriptures?

Hebrews 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together. Do you go to church?

If you have been born again here are some benefits

1 Corinthians 10:13 is about temptation not about what you can handle in life.
2 Corinthians 1:8-11 God will give you more than you can handle
However, you can handle anything through His power when your trust is in Him.
2 Corinthians 1:3-5 Blessed is the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our....

I fail at these most every day in some way. We a born-again Christian fails we do not stay in the failure but confess that sin and get right back to following.

Do I have personal experience? Yes, I was my dad's caretaker and lost him in 2019 to cancer. God was glorified in how my dad faced cancer and his death.

If you are born again then God will give you the strength to handle cancer is such a way that will glorify His name.
Don’t forget Christs command in Matthew 28:19 and Peters follow-up in Acts 2:38

Latest posts

Top Bottom