Question for those familiar with Happy Hollow in Sapulpa.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went by there today in the rain just to find it in preparation for tomorrow. I spoke with the guy. He is friendly enough. I am going to just shoot slugs with imp cyl from my 12 ga. My question for you is regarding the actual distance of the "100" yard marker for rifles. I know that question sounds stupid, but is it really just 100 yards? It seems a lot farther than that. It seem more like 150 yards especially if you consider the first one which is just 50 yards. The first one does seem to be 50 yards in my opinion, but the second one sure seems a lot farther than 100 yards. I was just wondering if any of y'all have actually taken a range finder out there and checked it out. The boxes on my slugs say there is close to a 5 inch drop at 100 yards. For those of you that know from experience is that correct? Is it only a 5 inch drop? I know these questions are probably infantile to many of you, but I would appreciate any information you could provide. We will be there around 11:30 am tomorrow. Let me know if any of you will be as well.

Thanks.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well. There was not much drop. Actually shot high a lot at 100 yards. Even at 50 yards I wasn't as accurate as I was over the holiday. Oh well. I am still confident I can kill a deer at 50 to 75 yards. My shotgun has double beads on it. I try to just go by the front one, but the middle one kind of throws me off.

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind you are shooting uphill, it affects bullet drop but how much I can not tell you. With the heat, I notice alot more shimmer trying to see the targets at 100yards with a scope. You have plenty of time between now and deer season to practice. If you are out there on sundays, we are sometimes there in the am before the heat and the crowds show.

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first thing in the am when they open.. 10am usually or shortly after. We try to get our pistol shooting done before it gets crowded and I have to fight for my brass. With how hot it has been, we havent shot the rifles for a while now. I have a 7mm, 300rum and a 375 H&H that needs shooting but that will likely wait a while till the temps come down.

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, it is 100 yards. i ranged it one time and i think it is 105 but not enough to matter.

5 inch drop at 100 yards? that sounds real good. i say your in good shape and readly to go.

we have not taken a lot of deer but all of them have been under 80 yards. maybe you will have the same luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom