Question on cases before loading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I accidentally had an aluminum case in a batch of brass I was cleaning.
Didn't realize it till I dumped all the cases on a towel to dry.
I found what was left of the aluminum case. The lemishine just ate that up in no time.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I accidentally had an aluminum case in a batch of brass I was cleaning.
Didn't realize it till I dumped all the cases on a towel to dry.
I found what was left of the aluminum case. The lemishine just ate that up in no time.

It will also coat the others in the batch. But will tumble off in a subsequent run.

IMG_1727.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I picked up some cases and started cleaning them. I am running an ultrasonic cleaner. 2l water and 1 tbsp dawn 1 tsp lemishine.
Works great, however about 5% of the cases are coming out with a rose / rust color to them on the inside and out.
What is causing this, and are they safe to load?

I use 1/8 tsp lemishine with 1 gallon of water. I quit using Dawn and use 1/4c of Armor All wash and wax now.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't clean brass either other than the primer pocket. Might rub a little Brasso on finished rounds if there is a spot or something that bugs me.
Never affected anything I can see but I don't use range brass either. I only use brass that I know how many rounds have been pushed out of them either a new set or once fired by me. I don't even like washing dishes much less shells.

Last edited:

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems you guys are right about too much lemishine. I did another batch at 1/4 of what I was using and it worked perfectly with no discoloration.

I like em clean! Makes seating the primer easier and more consistent, also helps with deburring from the trimming on the RT1200. Only use a few drops of Dawn and about 1/4 tsp of lemishine per gallon of water.
View attachment 191660

Same here. I like it when that old tarnished range pickup brass comes out looking like shiny jewelry.

I am with you guys. I am far too OCD to not clean it. I want it to shine like nobody's business! Haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom