Question on hand gun suppressors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a suppressor for my AR/bolt/AK....etc that interchange. Even the AK with the silly backward threads..ha. I love shooting suppressed. I don't care what anyone thinks, I don't use ear protection when I have a suppressor on. My question is, do they make an interchangeable handgun suppressor? I mean for 9 and 45 acp. Most of my handguns are threaded but I shoot mostly those two cals and would hope I could get a suppressor that would work good and just interchange?
Any help would be appreciated.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an AAC Tirant in .45 that I also use on my 9's. If I had to do it over I would probably just get a 9mm suppressor and skip the 45. It is longer and heavier than a dedicated 9mm suppressor would be.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your going to get one for a pistol do some research on them cause like the Hybrid 46 you have to buy different pistons for each caliber for it to work if your going to use it on a non fixed barrel.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .45 caliber AAC Ti-Rant can works on my Sig Sauer P320, 9MM but turns it into a single shot. Disappointing. Also a bad surprise to me is the complexity of the baffle stack when doing maintenance, cleaning procedure. Did accomplish it going by the manual, but personally would not buy this type of suppressor again. Maybe one piece baffle type, if a functioning can like that exists. Something more easily cleaned.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting my first suppressor for 9mm, but not for a handgun but rather my AR9 pistol. Right now I'm looking at going through either Crusader Tactical or Bear Beam, both of which I know will help with the paperwork including setting up a trust. Any dedicated 9mm suppressors you all recommend?

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting my first suppressor for 9mm, but not for a handgun but rather my AR9 pistol. Right now I'm looking at going through either Crusader Tactical or Bear Beam, both of which I know will help with the paperwork including setting up a trust. Any dedicated 9mm suppressors you all recommend?
I have the CGS Mod 9k (kurz or short) on hand and the regular CGS Mod 9 waiting. The full size is going on an AR9, pretty much full time. The 9k is on the M&P 9 Core full size.
@steelfingers you do you. I do generally recommend wearing hearing protection when shooting a suppressor because often with supersonic ammo it’s still not down to “hearing safe”, though it is lower on the pressure wave. Hearing doesn’t regenerate or get better and there are too many negative health benefits from loss of hearing to chance it. Even one shell, shot or magazine can’t permanently damage hearing. It is not generally something to be trifled with, it it’s your choice.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Most shops will basically do all the work for you. SCI will, Woodland Sports will, Sportsworld will...
Crusader, Sportsworld and Woodland use the Silencershop Kiosk which electronically does your prints and paperwork, then they "manually" do your photo and upload it.
SCI and Bear Beam do it all the old fashion way as far as I know (no Kiosk).

On a large platform pistol, I think I'd be inclined to look at one of the "larger" diameter but shorter cans.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a suppressor for my AR/bolt/AK....etc that interchange. Even the AK with the silly backward threads..ha. I love shooting suppressed. I don't care what anyone thinks, I don't use ear protection when I have a suppressor on. My question is, do they make an interchangeable handgun suppressor? I mean for 9 and 45 acp. Most of my handguns are threaded but I shoot mostly those two cals and would hope I could get a suppressor that would work good and just interchange?
Any help would be appreciated.

45 cans will work on a 9mm...so you'd have to go that route. After that, just make sure you can change the piston on it and you'd need one piston for each caliber to jive with the threads and you're ready to rock and roll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom