Question on home purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FEMA Flood map.PNG
Thanks, got it...its kinda close lol

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are the buyer, there is no problem in bringing in a realtor because the seller pays their commission. If you are trying to use that as a negotiation point, then a title company will still cost you around double what a real estate attorney would charge. The attorney won't give you the title insurance, but if you aren't using a bank, it's not required.

I've also done a couple of quit claim deeds. I actually did one 10 days ago. I try not to do these, but they can he useful in certain situations. I actually go to the title company I use and they print off and fill out the quit claim deed for me with all the names and legal descriptions. I go get the signatures and bring back a check made out to the county for $13 to them and they will even mail it in for me. So the deal I just finished I negotiated to pay all closing costs ($13) so the seller would get a specific net with a quick close. From the time we finalized the negotiations, he had his check 22 hours later.

I close another house this Thursday and am doing it at a title company though. It's a cash deal too but involves realtors and one of the sellers lives out of state. Since they are paying the majority of the fees, my closing costs are only about $650.

Latest posts

Top Bottom