Question on Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just reading through the ODW pages on the Lifetime license and what a load of crap. I can get my Resident hunting license and deer tags after being in the state of OK and with an OK drivers license for 60 days. That will be at the end of October and i can hunt for relatively cheap compared to a nonresident. That's great! However, if I want to go and purchase a Lifetime Combo Hunt/Fish and give the ODW $775 of my money they make you wait 6 months of being a residence. Not sure the ODW, who is more than likely under-funded and always finding ways to get revenue should be making new residence wait an extra 4 months to give them $775.

Can the GW on OSA come on here and explain why this is the case. Seems a bit foolish that I qualify for residency for a License and Tag but not for a Lifetime License.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 6 month wait makes it a little less easy and appealing for a non-resident to obtain Oklahoma “residency” just to purchase the lifetime license.
Yes. I've been told by my GW friend that he has investigated people renting a shack to get an OK address in order to get the cheaper resident lifetime license. He delivered the state/federal charges to one of the guys front door in KS.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I was just reading through the ODW pages on the Lifetime license and what a load of crap. I can get my Resident hunting license and deer tags after being in the state of OK and with an OK drivers license for 60 days. That will be at the end of October and i can hunt for relatively cheap compared to a nonresident. That's great! However, if I want to go and purchase a Lifetime Combo Hunt/Fish and give the ODW $775 of my money they make you wait 6 months of being a residence. Not sure the ODW, who is more than likely under-funded and always finding ways to get revenue should be making new residence wait an extra 4 months to give them $775.

Can the GW on OSA come on here and explain why this is the case. Seems a bit foolish that I qualify for residency for a License and Tag but not for a Lifetime License.
Believe me the ODWC isn't out to get you like most policies in CA do lol.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. I've been told by my GW friend that he has investigated people renting a shack to get an OK address in order to get the cheaper resident lifetime license. He delivered the state/federal charges to one of the guys front door in KS.

On this same note, say I (as a multi-year OK resident) got my lifetime hunting/fishing license this year and then next year end up moving out of state. Can I still use that license to hunt in OK if I come back just for hunting/fishing? Or does the lifetime thing not work once you are no longer an OK resident?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my lifetime hunting license about 10-12 years ago. The Cherokee Nation and Choctaw Nation have a compact with the state to buy annual hunting and fishing licenses for tribal members. So I just use the fishing license I get from the Cherokees and my wife and daughters use their licenses from the Choctaws.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
On this same note, say I (as a multi-year OK resident) got my lifetime hunting/fishing license this year and then next year end up moving out of state. Can I still use that license to hunt in OK if I come back just for hunting/fishing? Or does the lifetime thing not work once you are no longer an OK resident?
It is my understanding that you can continue to use your license even if you move out of state.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom