Question on Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 6 month wait makes it a little less easy and appealing for a non-resident to obtain Oklahoma “residency” just to purchase the lifetime license.
Understandable they want to make sure you are actually an OK resident before they sell you this benefit to hunt more cost effectively in OK but its still an absurd metric to use. I have proof of residency with a OK Drivers license, two vehicles registered in OK, utility bills for a rental home in OK, voters registration and proof of job in OK. The ODW could do a little extra with verification and make it easier on new resident hunters. Just like mentioned further down this post where a guy can have a lifetime license then move out of state permanently but still retain his license. Thats really no different than a guy illegeally claiming residencey with an OK drivers license but living in a bordering state.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understandable they want to make sure you are actually an OK resident before they sell you this benefit to hunt more cost effectively in OK but its still an absurd metric to use. I have proof of residency with a OK Drivers license, two vehicles registered in OK, utility bills for a rental home in OK, voters registration and proof of job in OK. The ODW could do a little extra with verification and make it easier on new resident hunters. Just like mentioned further down this post where a guy can have a lifetime license then move out of state permanently but still retain his license. Thats really no different than a guy illegeally claiming residencey with an OK drivers license but living in a bordering state.
True, and it does suck; but the cost of getting a hunting license in the meantime while waiting on your 6 month mark is negligible, especially compared the the ODWC’s cost of having to do more in depth checks on people. From what I have seen and heard, they’re already stretched pretty thin and underfunded as is.

Just look at it as an opportunity to throw a couple bucks towards conservation. Even though i got my lifetime combo for $25 a few years back (best “thank you for your service” ever), I still do what I can to contribute at least something monetarily to the ODWC when I can scrape it together.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the lifetime website carefully.
Back on the day when I got mine you could move anywhere and still be good.
When i was reading about it a couple years ago I thought it had changed and if you are no longer a resident "no free tags" it still works as a license but you have to buy your tags.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has saved me a lot of $$$ over the years. I hunt all three deer types, turkey, waterfowl etc. The tags and stamps alone save me enough to pay the cost ($400) in just a few years. I would have otherwise had to buy six deer and three turkey tags each year.

Now i just have to buy a federal duck stamp. Thank goodness the crane permits are free again. I was not happy when they were $3.00. 😀

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
got mine when it was 400. after first year Deer hunting and Duck Hunting think i spent 90 on all tags stamps etc paid for its self in 4-5 years

Latest posts

Top Bottom