Question on Lifetime Hunting/Fishing License

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On this same note, say I (as a multi-year OK resident) got my lifetime hunting/fishing license this year and then next year end up moving out of state. Can I still use that license to hunt in OK if I come back just for hunting/fishing? Or does the lifetime thing not work once you are no longer an OK resident?
Your covered for your lifetime. Come back to OK for the occasional weekend, and your covered no matter where you live.
I bought both of my sons a lifetime fishing license for graduation presents when getting out of high school.
One remains in Ok and the other has migrated to Tx.
He comes back to Ok to fish with me and is perfectly legal.

As a side note: Any one that is an Oklahoma resident that fishes in Tx that is over 65 years old, does not need a fishing license. No special permits either like salt water, etc. I'm not sure on the Texoma special license so look that up if your going.
Anyone that is a veteran at least 60% disabled in the state of Missouri does not need a fishing license no matter if your a resident or non resident. Your also eligible for a free small game license. You are still required to purchase a trout stamp at $10 per year.
Those traveling to other states, I'd encourage you to investigate the game and fish laws. There are some gems out there if one qualifies.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read the lifetime website carefully.
Back on the day when I got mine you could move anywhere and still be good.
When i was reading about it a couple years ago I thought it had changed and if you are no longer a resident "no free tags" it still works as a license but you have to buy your tags.
No. You still get free tags, etc.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do I pick up my prize? I have you all beat. I bought my Combo Fish/Hunt Lifetime in 1968 for $150. I wish I knew of another investment that would pay off as well!

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know, maybe just speculation or just plain rumor. This weekend, I heard good possibility of lifetime combo's going to over $1300 after 1st of year. Seriously considering getting my grand son his, and he's only seven.

Latest posts

Top Bottom