question on rotary spreaders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, is there a lot of preppers' out there that fertilize there lawns?? Seems like you could buy more ammo and beans with the money wasted on fertilizer and a spreader. And if the SHTF will the green grass help you survive?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, is there a lot of preppers' out there that fertilize there lawns?? Seems like you could buy more ammo and beans with the money wasted on fertilizer and a spreader. And if the SHTF will the green grass help you survive?
It will keep my wife off my butt, as she like's a well manicured lawn she has no part in producing.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give her the keys to the lawnmower and see how fast she wants it to grow... :D

Back when my Dad was still alive, a neighbor (trying to be helpful) said, "Next time I fertilize my yard, I'll come over and do yours."

Dad replied, "No you won't..." :D

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Gardens produce more when fertilized.

Do they use spreaders? When I was a kid we fertilized the garden but that involved a shovel,wheel barrow and mucking around in pig,chicken and cow crap!!! :yikes2::cool: Oh and don't let me forget the compost pile!! Dear old Dad tried to talk Mom into letting him build an outhouse for more fertilizer, She put the brakes on that ****** idea!! She will always be my favorite parental unit, as being the oldest that job would have fell to me !! :cool: Need to go call Mom and make sure she knows I love her!!!

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured this is the best place for this question. I have a rotary fertilizer spreader, the kind that has the opening that drops the granules on a segmented disc that in turn rotates via the axle and gears.
It seems that it throws it on one side as Im walking, more than the other. maybe Im going too fast. has anyone any tips or ideas? thinking about modding a lip on the disc or something.
thanks

Well DUH, the wheels turn the axle which in turn turns the impeller clock wise and the majority of your spread is going to your right hand side unless of course your going bass akwards then it'll turn counter clock wise.. When ya reach the stop point put your horse's patootie in reverse and back up at the same speed ya went forward.. :laugh6: If that's not to your liking close the drop space to a minimum and go both directions multiple times.. :urwelcome:

Latest posts

Top Bottom