Question regarding reloading equipment value? UPDATED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short, my brother in law recently passed away leaving my sister a bunch of reloading equipment/ supplies and such. Can I ask on in this discussion group what the reasonable value if this stuff would be? I don't have any info yet, but I'm going to my sister's house Thursday afternoon to help her inventory it. I'd just like to get her the most money she can and I honestly don't reload so I have no use for it.

I'm just wondering if I could get that question answered here or is there somewhere else to post this type of question in the forum?

Thanks!!
Harry

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
This post will work. Good clear pictures are your best bet. If its Blue its worth a lot! If you have primers they are worth their weight in gold. If its a bunch of old rusted junk it won't be worth much. If its in good shape you could be able to get close to retail depending what it is. To get top dollar you will probably need to list things individually vs one lump sale.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long story short, my brother in law recently passed away leaving my sister a bunch of reloading equipment/ supplies and such. Can I ask on in this discussion group what the reasonable value if this stuff would be? I don't have any info yet, but I'm going to my sister's house Thursday afternoon to help her inventory it. I'd just like to get her the most money she can and I honestly don't reload so I have no use for it.

I'm just wondering if I could get that question answered here or is there somewhere else to post this type of question in the forum?

Thanks!!
Harry

Sorry for your loss.

Right now things are kind of crazy. It really depends on exactly what it is and how much trouble you are willing to go through to sell it. You can normally figure 40-80% of current new values, again depending on what it. The more you try to bundle, the lower the % will go down.

I bought 4-5 people out in 2015-2017. They took a pretty big hit because they wanted to sell it all. I kept what I really wanted and flipped the rest.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys!! I should have a better idea in a few days and I'll update the post with pics and a list. I do know that he's been reloading for around 30 years now so the value could be anything/anywhere and I understand that, I just don't want to give it away if it can help her out even a little financially.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: Checked out the room briefly and I could see the reloader, and most of what he had left. 2 bags of 9mm brass (about 100 rounds) a few boxes of .357 brass, some with primers installed, .357 & .45 bullets and he had 900+ small pistol primers. I believe the reloader is an older model Lee turret press? Here’s a pic of the loader. I’m going to pick all the extra stuff up this weekend and inventory it.
1ACF9DD6-99AE-4B4D-A33E-16222145A57E.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom